Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Your advice needed: Dark and raised spots

dannyfairweathe

Lairian
Hi fellow Sphynx lovers,

My 10 years old cat Pixie has started to develop a few dark and raised spots. They don't seem to bother her and she lets me touch them. The veterinary surgeon tells us they're nothing to worry about but I'd love to know if anyone here has had a similar experience?

Thank you,
Danny and Pixie
20200403_232258.jpg

Sheldon13

Staff member
Yes they look like little cysts. Not a big deal if that’s what they are. Just watch for them to become an abscess because if one does it will need drained and antibiotics.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Yoda mom

Staff member
@dannyfairweathe welcoming you and adorable Pixie to the lair family. glad you jumped in to join us .

I agree to ask about ruling out sebaceous cysts? my 9 yr old has a couple of cysts, the vet said I could have a needle aspiration done. they don't bother him and I am afraid to mess with them honestly. He would not be a candidate for surgery anway with his grade 3 murmur I wouldnt put him my boy through it. sebaceous cysts can look blue in color.

awhile ago someone posted similar pics to yours.. I will try to find them tmrw... hugs n head smooches.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@dannyfairweathe I found this one , it is an older thread. you can use the search box in the upper right for " blue bumps" and similar to find threads too that may be helpful

keep us updated :)

dannyfairweathe

Lairian
Thank you so much @Yoda mom @Sheldon13 @Catzzzmeow. Following your advice I did some more research and they do look like small cysts. I'm going to keep a close eye on them and if they change or start to bother Pixie and I'll take her straight to the vets for them to be drained and removed.

Love,
Danny and Pixie in London, England

p.s. It's my first time on the site and I think it's an amazing community and resource to have. Keep up the great work!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Thank you so much @Yoda mom @Sheldon13 @Catzzzmeow. Following your advice I did some more research and they do look like small cysts. I'm going to keep a close eye on them and if they change or start to bother Pixie and I'll take her straight to the vets for them to be drained and removed.

Love,
Danny and Pixie in London, England

p.s. It's my first time on the site and I think it's an amazing community and resource to have. Keep up the great work!

It is! This is my only social media really that I regularly use. I have Instagram and Facebook but I rarely use those. I love it here!

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair. As the others said, it looks like like little cysts.
And now I'm very curious to Pixie of course. Maybe you can introduce Pixie and post more pics?:)

Back