Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Your Sphynx and Dogs?!

RoobasMommy

Lairian
I am curious to see how others Sphynxes are with dogs?

My Roobas doesn't give a damn about dogs, unless he finds them threatening. You can tell when he doesn't like a certain dog, because he will stalk them. Last Summer, I was fostering a very small German Shepherd/Wolf Hybrid female. She was in an abusive situation, and was attached to my hip. She did some naughty things, and once ran off across the street to a very aggressive dog that was ready to maul her. I brought her back instead and tapped her nose with a firm "no". Roobas decided he didn't like what she did either. He came up and swatted her on the nose about 6 times. I laughed hysterically. :LOL:

Again, I am fostering a dog, Lab Mix male. He doesn't listen to anything. The other morning I was walking to feed Roobas, and also let the dog out, when the dog pounced on Roobas (literally pointed his paws together and dove onto him). Roobs hissed and bolted. I was pissed to say the least. I slapped his snout and said "no". Rooba's didn't hesitate to run back up to him and punch him in the face about ten times (Again, I laughed hysterically). :Hysterical:

...I guess it's one of those 'had to be there' moments...He's a very protective little Sphynx, and he's done it for my fiance too, for both the dogs (and a cat). It's safe to say, I probably won't foster anymore dogs...lol! :Laugh:

Anyways, I would love to hear some funny stories of your Sphynxes and dogs (or other cats)...So type away! :Smile:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL:love how he just spanks the bad dogs:LOL:
Nudie has her own chihuahua "Pico". He is her friend and toy- Pico doesn't really like the last part. They will lay together and nap in the sun but at times she will stalk him and try to ride him- still trying to get a video of the chihuahua rodeo:Woo:

RoobasMommy

Lairian
:LOL:love how he just spanks the bad dogs:LOL:
Nudie has her own chihuahua "Pico". He is her friend and toy- Pico doesn't really like the last part. They will lay together and nap in the sun but at times she will stalk him and try to ride him- still trying to get a video of the chihuahua rodeo:Woo:
That is way to funny! :LOL:

I will be waiting for the chihuahua rodeo video!! :Hysterical:

spygirl

Banned
Frankie and my Shih Tzu, Sophie, will nap together. Sophie has also decided its fun to do zoomies with Frankie around the house. So they have their race track and race each other. If Frankie wants Sophie's spot, he'll punch her in the face. But then she doesn't stand for it and starts swatting at him with her paw. It never ends with those two.

But Blue, my Texas Blue Lacy, is another story. Poor Blue. He gets most of Frankie's abuse. Mostly because he just takes it. Frankie beats him in the face, bites his tail, and will jump on top of his crate. If I've put Blue up in the crate, Frankie will sit outside it and taunt him. Frankie will also jump on top of Blue's food stand and drink his water. Frankie is kinda an ass. I told Blue it wouldn't hurt to step on him every now and then.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
When we first got Gleek he loved to rub up against our 2 passive labs. That came to an end when one of them licked him from head to toe with her stinky doggie tongue. Now Gleek waits until they are asleep to head butt them.

Jennifer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kiwi and Junior (our begal mix) play every evening. Kiwi will swat at him or bite his ear, then Junior will "mouth" Kiwi, Then they take off doing circles around the couch chasing each other. They take turns. It is qiute funny to watch. Kiwi will roll over and Junior will lick him. (gross). Once in an odd while Kiwi will sleep with him on his pillow.
You can say that they are good friends.

RoobasMommy

Lairian
I think my Roobas would love to play with dogs; the two I fostered, he would plop in front of and roll around on his back. But for whichever reason, both of the foster dogs were not socialized properly with anything from other dogs to people...So neither of them would play with him :(

Usually when I see Roobas trying to play with a dog, I go and rub his belly so he can give me love bites and it satisfies him enough that he comes and lays with me again :)

I love all the stories! Thanks very much for sharing, they have made me day much better! :Smile:

bellasmom

Banned
HAHA! Roobas is too funny! I would have loved to see that. Bella bosses around my parents english mastiff when I bring her to their house. She is so mean to him! She sits at the top of the stairs staring at him with her tail twitching and he is too scared to come up so he sits at the bottom of the steps crying and whining for someone to shoo her away. Funny seeing a such a big dog scared of a little kitty

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My Sphynx loves his dog friends. He lays with my italian greyhounds and if he gets annoyed enough with them he will bite a tail or foot or something. The iggies dont know what to think of him.

BlueGirl

Lairian
Loki is a bit silly in that he has no fear of ANYTHING! I have a large male staffie, who is the sweetest dog ever (thankfully) but Loki dosnt seem to relise that my dog could step on him and squish him, its so cute when they try to play together Loki loves to pad Paddys nose and rubb in to him. Loki also finda Paddy useful as a step up onto the sofa, Paddy is not so amused by this tho!

Ripley

Lairian
Sphyncter does the nose swatting thing with my daughter's maltese mix. It's play I think? The dog's not so sure. Sphyncter will wait around a corner and when the dog comes he turns into a prize fighter standing on his back legs and swats with both hands about 4 times before the dog even knows what's going on!

RoobasMommy

Lairian
Roobas is fearless too! Now if any new dogs come to our house he will swat them if he decides he doesn't like them. And if I yell at a dog, or cat he will come running to see who needs punishment for making Mom yell :LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
We don't currently have any dogs. We hope too someday once we get this financial cloud to move on its way! lol However, Snuffie does love to play with grandmas little rat terrier "tiny". They are about the same size and love to chase each other and make grandma nervous! SoBe finds it more fun to harass poor Tiny so her visiting time often gets cut short.
Snuffie also used to be neighbors with a chinese crested powder poof named Ruby,,we haven't seen her since May but we live within walking distance and I hope to walk the girls there this summer when it comes back around. I would love to get a photo of them all together.

mom2Isis

Lairian
Isis is not a fan of either of my dogs. :Frown: She tries to avoid them at all costs. My older dog takes the abuse she dishes out. She will wag her tail and come up to sniff her, but Isis just smacks her on the face and hisses. Both dogs are as tolerant and nice to her as can be. If she would just give them a chance, they would be great snuggle buddies, but she is too much of a chicken for that.

And I want to see the Chihuahua rodeo too!!:LOL: