Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ziggy Doo Ferris Wheel

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'll reopen this thread. I am seriously looking into this wheel thingy, I need to get one. I've been looking online on different wheels and some questions woke in me that maybe you guys can answer. Is it important to have a minimum diameter on the wheel so it doesn't hurt the cats back? Are they sturdy so they don't tip over? My kids play, hard... I realise I have to order from UK or maybe Germany since they are a bit rare here in Sweden and very expensive. I just want to be sure I get a good one! Thanx!

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab I think most of them are generally the same diameter so that they're safe for the cats back. With my three being larger sphynx (they're very long and tall) I do notice that the Ziggy Doo allowed Yoda to fully stretch and run. Some are more sturdy then others.

I believe @Monica may know of some UK branded cat wheels. The UK seems to have all the really cool fancy ones actually! I had someone message me quite a few UK brands she was looking into as she lived there, I'll see after work if I can find some of the ones she sent me.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab I think most of them are generally the same diameter so that they're safe for the cats back. With my three being larger sphynx (they're very long and tall) I do notice that the Ziggy Doo allowed Yoda to fully stretch and run. Some are more sturdy then others.

I believe @Monica may know of some UK branded cat wheels. The UK seems to have all the really cool fancy ones actually! I had someone message me quite a few UK brands she was looking into as she lived there, I'll see after work if I can find some of the ones she sent me.
Thank you so much! I was looking at one particular wheel from UK that's called one fast cat exercise wheel 5th gen. Price is a third of what I have to pay here in Sweden. It's made of plastic and looks okey, but what do I know...?

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab @Yoda mom and @denise irwin both have the one fast cat wheel, but they have the older generations. I know a few friends that have ordered the 5th gen, and all of them arrived broken. One person just re boxed hers and shipped it back for a refund (this is my UK friend I mentioned before) the other had to wait over a month for the replacement parts to be shipped out to her.

My honest opinion is I wouldn't buy the 5th generation if it were me. If you can get your hands on one of their older models, I would say go for it! But of course regardless its totally up to you. I know @Yoda mom has never had an issue with hers before.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21, feeling very lucky Toby has not broken his one fast cat wheel..

going strong a couple of years now with constant use ... it is on a carpet flooring so not sure if that makes a difference..

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab @Yoda mom and @denise irwin both have the one fast cat wheel, but they have the older generations. I know a few friends that have ordered the 5th gen, and all of them arrived broken. One person just re boxed hers and shipped it back for a refund (this is my UK friend I mentioned before) the other had to wait over a month for the replacement parts to be shipped out to her.

My honest opinion is I wouldn't buy the 5th generation if it were me. If you can get your hands on one of their older models, I would say go for it! But of course regardless its totally up to you. I know @Yoda mom has never had an issue with hers before.
This is what I needed to know. It's one thing if I lived in the UK, it would be easier to ship stuff back and forth. I just want one that works well and one that doesn't ruin me. The wheel I can buy here in Sweden costs 550 GBP, pretty stiff!

Back