Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Zoe's owner called me..

J

Jinxlover

As we were getting walking out the door to go camping my phone rings, It was Zoe's(the little pit I just adopted) owner. The shelter gave her my number. They were out of town and her sister was watching the dog and they got out, the sister didn't even check the pound:Angry:!!! So long story short, the shelter PTS the sister(Casie) and I adopted Zoe(Mary), she was a wreck, poor lady. They have 3 kids and a cat. She called to give me her shot and health info. How could I not offer them there much loved pet back? I would DIE if my pets got out and I knew who had them and they would not give them back. So Mary is going home with her mom and I'm back to just Floyd and Blueberry..She is going to give me the adoption fee back and even offered to pay me room and board for the week I had her...

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh, how bittersweet. You do have the biggest and kindest heart, Jinxlover. You are like a safehouse for wayward animals in need of love.

Bella07

Banned
Oh no! It's wonderful that the old family got their loved doggy back, but it's awful that you have to give her up. All I can say it is so nice that you gave her back, but that must have been so hard for you!

J

Jinxlover

Thanks guys, It was hard to try to get my 8 year old to understand. All I had to do was put myself in her place. My Great Dane is my heart, and If something like that happened to me I would die. She was a great little dog and you could tell that someone had loved her very much.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sad for you, but you did a lovely thing. You put Zoe first above your own feelings, you should be proud of yourself. I hope her human mom is happy to have her back. Such a shame about her sister :Sad:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww Shannon, that was great of you to reunite the owners with their pet! I'm so sorry for your little girl.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Wow,,,you have me tearing up..It must have been so hard, but I can't blame you, I would have offered her back too no matter how hard it must have been. Its too bad she didn't find them in time to save the sister and I'm sure she is heart broken over it. Such a tragic yet bittersweet story. I'm glad you were there for Zoe and was able to save her to buy her time for her owners to find her. You did the right thing. Your an angel for helping Zoe.

holly_savage

Banned
SOrry to hear that you had to let her go, I know how quickly we get attached to our pets, but it is for the best, and it will leave you room for another doggie that might not have a loving family waiting for her in the background!

Kudos to you and you big heart!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It makes me cry to think of the joy you were able to give Zoe's first family. I'm sure it was hard on you and your family.... but being able to do such a wonderful thing is a gift from above. :)

Back