Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Zoey say's Hi from St Louis area

Hi everyone! My family and I have been blessed to have Zoey in our lives for the last 4.5 years. My oldest daughter was in college when she ran across the Sphynx cats & begged me to get her one. After $900 and 14 hours round trip we welcomed baby Zoey home. When I agreed to buy Zoey it didn't register in my head that my daughter had two years left of college…in Florida lol. When my daughter did graduate I asked her when she was going to move Zoey with her to Florida. She said "mom, Zoey is your baby now. Plus I didn't want to name her Zoey!" I asked her what she wanted to name her? She said a name like Chloe (can't remember....senior moment lol) and I told my 10-year-old daughter, at the time, to start calling the cat Chloe. I then looked at our cat and said "come here Chloe" lol. My oldest started laughing and asked me if I was really going to give Zoey up. Meanwhile Zoe leaves her lap and comes over and curls in my lap and goes right to sleep. I looked at my baby (Zoey not my kid lol) and said of course not! I couldn't imagine giving Zoey up. She is the sweetest little girl. She waits by the door for me to come home and she follows me wherever I go. And of course she sleeps in the bed with me. I am a retired disabled veteran and Zoey is my very own service cat. I don't need her for emotional support but she gives it to me anyway by being so loving and entertaining. I've had many pets over my lifetime but Zoey is the best one I've have ever had! We are hay to be here!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @ZoeBosmom and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! Please enjoy our wonderful sphynx community! :)

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair. I hope you become an active member and share Zoey with us. I enjoyed your introduction.

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@ZoeBosmom welcome to sphynxlair. Loved reading your intro about how Zoey became your cat. Can feel the love you have for her.
Is Zoey the sphynx in your avatar? She's gorgeous!

Jocy24

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi I’m in the STL area too out in Ballwin. Nothing like a sphynx personality.

Thank you for the warm welcome and Zoey's picture is my avatar. She is such a sweet girl!!! But all sphynx are super cutie !

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Such a sweet story! Reminds me of when my sister adopted a shih-tzu in college. Long story short, my parents have an adorable 4 year old shih-tzu named Ollie now :happy:

Zoey looks so sweet and pink! The best companion, like any good sphynx should be. Welcome to the Lair.

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome @ZoeBosmom ! I'm making a note to myself about daughters attending college and cats (and cat names). Zoe sounds like the perfect mate.

Lol you should! Zoey is so sweet that I am glad my daughter didn't want her in Florida. I would have been devastated lol.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@ZoeBosmom , welco,e to the lair family !
Thank you for sharing your special introduction of Zoey

Thank you for your service (((hugs ))))
Zoey is one extraordinary girl :)

Look forward to your journey with us with lots of pics amd tales!

Head smooches !