Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Zoom Fails: Yoga Cat

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Peaches and Harley have been making appearances in my weekly meditation program via Zoom. At first I was fine with it until Peaches decided to sit on my back as I was on my belly trying to do a superman pose stretch along with everyone in the class. Host couldn’t help himself with this welcome distraction that he announced chuckling that my cat also likes to do yoga. I laughed it away with them but I gently shooed Peaches away. Done.

Then comes Harley...I allowed her to lay lazily on the top of my computer chair backing while the host continues to present since I can angle myself enough that her colour blends with my computer chair. Surely no one would notice her.

Then a question was posed and the host randomly called out on me to share my experience. I perked up and I saw Harley stuck her head out into view and her tail started to curl and on my face so I thought pushing her would just make her scurry away as she always does but because I didn’t realize how lazy she was that morning instead of falling or jumping off she actually tried balancing for the longest time and continued to hold on to dear life as she hung by her claws before deciding to leave. By the time I managed to win the struggle, I look back on the Zoom call thumbnails with 13 other people trying to hold back their smile so I had to explain how my cats are not used to being locked away that’s why and apologized and ended the meeting deciding that I’ll be locking the cats away in our bedroom next time.

Next time:

Woke up late to the yoga class and I was 3 min late to the Zoom call. I literally opened my eyes, ran to the living room and turned on my computer video to a dead silent class doing a breathing exercise. Didn’t see that Peaches had followed me from the bedroom and jumped on my arm and in a quick reaction moment I yelled quite loudly “Sweetieeeeee” to my partner working across from me to go grab the cat. To my dismay and horror I saw that I didn’t have the mute button turned on. I did not dare look at the audience and just muted myself and acted like nothing happened.

I continued the next minutes of the Zoom meeting just looking down and at my keyboard lol

If I remember correctly, the host was saying “take a moment and notice the sounds...”

Please share your Zoom funny tails (pun intended). Cat Zoom fails are too epic not to share, embarrassing or not

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can totally relate to this. I was trying to do Zoom yoga a few weeks ago and Dajjal, my Siamese, decided he was going to be affectionate for that one hour of the day. There's me standing on on leg trying to be a tree with him head bumping the back of my knee for attention. Then I get onto all fours to do cat and cow pose and obviously my back becomes the most comfy cat bed ever. And don't get me started on the tai chi class. I don't have the heart to boot them out of the room though so I just mute my microphone so nobody can hear me telling them to bugger off.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I had one just a couple of days ago at a work meeting. I don’t know what it is about being in a meeting...she immediately hears other people and has to come investigate. Regularly walks over my keyboard. But this day she walks in front of me, whips around and literally swats me smack in the face with her bushy tail in the middle of my turn for talking.

Jasmine:

d6515281fbd972ab4caaab42a78c672b.jpg

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I had one just a couple of days ago at a work meeting. I don’t know what it is about being in a meeting...she immediately hears other people and has to come investigate. Regularly walks over my keyboard. But this day she walks in front of me, whips around and literally swats me smack in the face with her bushy tail in the middle of my turn for talking.

Jasmine:

d6515281fbd972ab4caaab42a78c672b.jpg

Awwww is this a new baby?? She is beautiful!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Sort of. She’s a outdoor cat that I’ve taken care of since I moved here in Sep 2019. I never could let her in with Ellie here. But since the day I lost Ellie I have let her in and she likes it here. Thinks she’ll stay. I have had insurance on her since February lmao. It’s like I saw it coming or something.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Yeah pretty much. Still searching for a Sphynx. But this one has decided she lives with me. She still likes to go outside for a few hours every day. But mostly she hangs out on the couch or my work desk.

So happy Jasmine keeps you comapny. And even more happy to hear you are searching for a sphynx. What lucky cats to be able to get to own you!

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sort of. She’s a outdoor cat that I’ve taken care of since I moved here in Sep 2019. I never could let her in with Ellie here. But since the day I lost Ellie I have let her in and she likes it here. Thinks she’ll stay. I have had insurance on her since February lmao. It’s like I saw it coming or something.

Awww it’s nice to have company, I don’t ever think you get another heart cat but you love them all the same!
I keep looking at sphynxes but I really can’t bring myself to another one yet I don’t get why? But I just feel I am still trying to heal after Ozzie.
Hopefully in the future I can find some space in my heart to take on and love another sphynx baby❤️

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

You really are one of the loveliest people

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Aww Jasmine is a sweetheart. See now this is what I love about cats - if you give them a safe place to snuggle and some food they will figure out how to make everything else work. But of course if there's a chance to move in....what cat doesn't want his or her own human? I'm happy for you both!

Back