Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Zymox Oratene dental water additive ?

Yoda mom

Staff member
I am very happy with the Zymox products I have used on my crew for years -
Ear products , skin , tooth paste etc

The company was amazing Calling me today on a Monday after leaving an email this weekend
Inquiring about their Zymox skin product equine larger tube vs cat dog formula

Would like to know the real scoop on the Oratene dental water additive by Zymox
I know there are some members that use Zymox ear cleaners so hopeful someone can chime in.

Has anyone tried Oratene dental water additive this product with their cats and or dogs ?
I would like to since my boy has a grade 3 heart murmur and I don't want to put him under anesthesia for maintenance

image.jpeg

I haven't used that particular product but we have used something similar from time to time.
Fresh Breath Water Additive - TropiClean Pet Products for Dogs and Cats

It did help with their breath and a vet did report that their tartar build-up wasn't as bad as the previous visit. They still did encourage a cleaning but we didn't do it.

We are currently using the TropiClean gel (FRESH BREATH CLEAN TEETH GEL FOR CATS for Uber but I may switch to the water additive instead so The Girls can benefit too, again.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We have used Oratene for about 2 years or so. Cleo does have some tartar on her teeth, but neither cat has the kind of tartar build-up that we saw on our other cats. Our vet says their oral health is really good, so that’s enough for me to keep using it.

Usually I do one squirt to about 2 cups of water (one full dish) every morning. If we have to change the water or add to it in the afternoon or evening, we don’t use the Oratene a second time.