Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx cat rescues?

Alice11

Lairian
I have a friend with a newly diagnosed chronic illness that is realizing she may have to rehome her 2 young adult cats.
She is dealing with a lot and not totally ready to rehome, so I'm trying to help her out by getting info.
Are there reputable rescues on the east coast that will vet new owners and be a resource for new owners?
I did some googling and didn't find anything terribly reputable.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Alice11 .. welcome, I am so sorry for your friends chronic illness. Can you clarify your question? Are you looking for someone to foster or potentially adopt? Admin reviews and approves all rehoming posts. When owner posts a rehoming thread, members can pm interview for the purrrfect forever home.
Several of us have adopted bonded pairs from members
I have all adoptees and stay in touch with my girls 1st mum for over a decade. Sphynxlair is a caring, supportive knowledgeable family. We help each other on the journey. I joined here over a decade ago and never looked back. We are here for you and your friend and her babies. It is so heartfelt. Hugs and prayers for your friend and head smooches. All paws are family.

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi Alice, Never feel you need a rescue once you have us. Sphynx in need of rehoming have a large choice of sphynx-knowledgeable members who are just dying to adopt a sphynx. Many are often willing to let the prior owner keep contact with them after adoption. My nakkid Toni’s previous owner and her kids love to get pictures of her in our home.
@Alice11

Last edited by a moderator:

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree, with this group you don’t need a rescue. I have 2 adoptees from here and also share photos and updates with their previous owners. The interview process is key and making sure it’s the right fit for all.

lovesallanimals

Lairian
I have a friend with a newly diagnosed chronic illness that is realizing she may have to rehome her 2 young adult cats.
She is dealing with a lot and not totally ready to rehome, so I'm trying to help her out by getting info.
Are there reputable rescues on the east coast that will vet new owners and be a resource for new owners?
Where on the east coast?
I am a sphynx mother to 3 adults.
I'm in New Jersey.

Tarynnicole27

Lairian
I’m looking for a sphynx and open to a bonded pair. I’m located in MD. Are you still looking to rehome?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Tarynnicole27 , welcome to the lair family. so glad you joined us. please feel free to start your own post looking for in the adoption section and give your location, so everyone knows your heart is open to adopt {= . sharing for info, the maximum adoption fee on sphynxlair is $250 each or less per rules.

several of us have adopted from members including bonded pairs. I have all adoptees including adopted a bonded pair from a member. stay active and positive! I always try to help hearts align and will keep an eye out for you too!

the fraud tips thread was very helpful when I was looking at adoption ads outside sphynxlair. saved me from near scams. do not hesitate to pm me any ads you are looking at outside sphynxlair.
sharing another option is to contact reputable breeders about upcoming retirees. I adopted a wonderful HCM scanned 2 yr old cuddly retiree.

Back