Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

CFA Milford, MA 2/26-2/27

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm glad to hear you can go to the show. I know how much you enjoy them. I have only seen a couple of Bombays in person, but Kona looks like she will do well. The only draw back to not having any competition is that the only chance to get some points is to make a Final.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

There is always 1 Bombay at our TICA show.
He belongs to the Roberts who are judges.
Kona will never go against him because he is a alter.
There also is Bombay kitten at some of the shows.
It will be Konas competition in the future since it is a whole cat.
Good Luck to you.
You have the judge that dqued Wrinkles for kinked tail she does not even have and I heard she did the same think to a breeder on the east coast.
Thanks Christina.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

You have the judge that dqued Wrinkles for kinked tail she does not even have and I heard she did the same think to a breeder on the east coast.

It sounds like I might need all the luck I can get then!
Hopefully she won't be as bad as the grumpy sour puss we encountered at Gleek's second show.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
To her defense, everyone was miserable. The show was in a poorly heated old ice arena. It was cold and ran late. None of the Sphynx did well in her ring.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Try not to giggle at me too much M2M, but I just figured out that some shows publish a show count before the show. :Pudently:

So I looked at the breed summary and see that there will be a third Sphynx (a kitten) at this weekend's show.

I'm so excited. I haven't seen another Sphynx at any of the shows I've been to since last October. The former CFA Region 1 director used to show but stopped due to health issues and another exhibitor appeared to have stopped after making her CH title.

Now I wonder if one of them has a new kitten or if there is a new owner in my area.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You're right. I never thought about that before but maybe it's someone from outside my region.
I hope whoever it is is nice. I'm not into the competition stuff. I just do it to get Gleek and Jiji used to crowds and being handled by strangers etc.
Hopefully I'll make a friend. :ThumbsUp:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope they are nice.
There are some sphynx people at our shows that have never said one word to me.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I've heard its like that in the southern regions too.
I have finally gotten to the point in my life that I don't get bothered by cold shoulders. Its the people who get so caught up in the points that they start becoming poor winners that makes me uneasy.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the person turns out to be friendly and pleasant.
:ThumbsUp:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You never know they might be nice.
I do have many show friends and have learned alot about others breeds because I bench with my friends who do not have a sphynx.
I met them at my first show almost 2 years ago.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm starting to see familiar faces at the shows now. I got benched across from some Maine Coon ladies from NY or NJ at the last show. They were very nice and included me in their conversations, which was nice since I was by myself.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am posting quickly from the hotel in Milford on a tiny dell mini. Day 1 went fairly well after a shakey trip down.

The other Sphynx kitten was absent but was in the catalog. It was Beeblebrox' Peach. I'm so bummed to miss out on meeting another Sphynx owner let alone another SL memeber. Maybe next time.

Jiji did very well. She made finals in all four rings:
Liz Watson gave her 7th best AB kitten
Gary Veach gave her 2nd best AB kitten
Lorraine Rivard gave her 8th best SH kitten
Ellyn Honey gave her 8th best AB kitten

Jiji was photographed by a local Milford reporter in Gary Veach's ring so I will have to look online tomorrow to see if she made the local paper.

Gleek made one final, but I'm a bit confused by his ribbon. Liz Watson was an AB judge but did her Premier Final in 2 parts. First she awarded her top 2 LH and top 2 SH premiers. She gave Gleek her 2nd best SH Premier. But then she did an AB premier final with her top ten which didn't include the four she awarded her top 2 LH or top 2SH. I was too confused and tired to ask someone to explain it to me.

My camera kept giving me error messages so I didn't get many pictures.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thanks M2M. I knew you would help me.

Congratulations to you and Kona.

I'm starting to think if Gleek doesn't make grand premier before Jiji turns 8 months old he may never grand since she has what the judges love.

Hopefully tomorrow will go well too.

Nofuratu if you see this post I met a woman from Canada who saw Nofuratu and his coffin at a show once. Hooray! It was almost like meeting a SL memeber directly.

Back