Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

changing your cats name?

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sorry to hear about the reason you have to change her name Jennilyn. I think Nala sounds great - I think you are right, they come to us when we talk anyway. I talk to Moses all of the time and say "Are you loving me with your eyes?" and blink at him like the literature says and he blinks back, even if I just talk to him, he runs full bore at me. I named him Moses Pallideer many years ago....so when I take him outside, I usually just call for "Palli" and he will come to me. I RARELY call for Moses unless I am being VERY serious. He is also trained to come to me when I whistle in a two tone. I usually say "C'mon Palli" and he will come to me, no matter what. My sister calls him "Mo".

Fluffy's real name is Fluffy Mary Magdelene. She gets called "Stinky".

Jen

aestes296

Lairian
We just adopted a three year old little girl named Savannah, which just didn't seem to fit her at all, so we renamed her Jasmine (Jazzy, Spazzy Jazzy, etc.). Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since she came to us and she definitely know her name. :) So sorry for all you've been through. I agree with others that if there is any negative energy associated with her name, then just change it to something that makes you think happy thoughts. Nala sounds perfect (from one Disney fan to another - good choice!)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
I am failing lol. I want so badly for the name change to work but I'm failing. She doesnt seem to care one way or the other but I cant commit.

Your failing cause you forget her new name? That's easy to solve: everytime you call her by her old name you have to put a dollar in a piggy bank and after a month you buy something nice for NALA:)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Then don't change it and think of her as a reminder you are strong you will survive and there are some things that just might not need to change. But you did make the right changes when they really do count. Be proud you did make those changes that count.

Patti

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@gothicmist
My ex named Merlin and I kept it. He was always my kitten no matter who named him. He is my little dude just like Leia is your princess that can handle herself just fine. Just like you!
Many hugs to you. I did not see this post til now. Please feel free to call if you ever want to talk.

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Personally I wouldn't change name human children don't suddenly get new names when their parents divorce simply choose not to associate the two life's full of choice on how we wish to deal with things and how to perceive things. Rise above it all ;-)

Back