Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

First Walk Together & Too Many Toys!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So this evening, Cleo was desperate to go for a walk. She pestered us for about half an hour, until I got out her harness and stroller, but Marcus was tearing around the house like a little madman. We didn't want to leave him alone to get into trouble, and putting him in his safe room (a bathroom) would have caused him to cry nonstop, stressing Sydney. So we put Marcus into his little carrier--Cleo won't let us zip her into the stroller anymore, and Marcus is just starting harness training. Off we went with one in the stroller and one in the carrier. Marcus did very well, as long as Bob carried him low enough so that he could see Cleo. Cleo, as usual, loved her walk--riding in her stroller and walking when she felt like it. After half a block, Marcus had had enough and started crying, so we turned back for home. All in all, the walk was very successful, but I still don't know if we'll be able to get both cats to be comfortable in one stroller.

When we got home, Marcus "helped" me pick up some of his toys:
image.jpg

"I found the Toy Basket!"
We are trying to get video of Cleo and Marcus playing--hopefully tomorrow.

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds like it went very well! Just keep trying. it sounds like she has made a lot of allowances for the new baby so it's ok for her to hold onto her stroller a while longer I think!;)

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I think they'll be besties very soon, so maybe a King/Queen-size stroller is in order? ;)
My boys share a regular sized one mind you, you can't push two on your own...

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds like a nice short walk... I bet the neighbors loved it too... "there are those crazy cat people again.... and is that a pet carrier?" Mine always roll there eyes at me when I am walking them in the stroller.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Our neighbors not only are used to us walking Cleo, but the lady across the street has the same stroller and takes her cats for walks too! It was pretty dark last night when we went out, and we didn't see too many people, but who knows what may happen tonight.

Yes, we may have to get a bigger stroller or a second stroller. Cleo is a big girl, and Marcus may be just as big. Right now, Cleo takes up most of the stroller herself--we will see what happens as Marcus grows...

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Well if Daddieo goes for walks too, he could always push a second stroller for Marcus! :)
The problem with that is that Cleo believes that the only reason that Daddieo is walking with us is to take the end of her leash every time she decides to get down and walk. And she walks about 5 times whenever we take her for walks. So it's hard to push a stroller and keep up with her at the same time. Pushing 2 strollers could get interesting...especially if they both want to get out and walk...

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
awwwwwwwwwwww how cute !

well we have a Stroller and we walk ours, at first I thought we can never put Hairy and Hansel together in there , but they do so well together and Hairy and Rooka too. They all just sit so good together . I think when its moving, they are so focused on the surroundings and birds and smells and a bit of we dont know the area ( them thinking it ) and they get along so good then. I always take the first two that jump into the Stroller for a walk together .

Back