Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Me and my Wrinkleboo (Boo)

Wrinkleboo

Lairian
Hello all! I'm happy to have found this forum which I've lurked through a few times over the past year seeking answers about my one and only Sphynx, Boo.

It was a little over 1 year ago now, when my daughters (age 13 and 18 at the time) found a sphynx listed on Craigslist for adoption (free), and they knew I've always dreamed of having one. We have 4 other cats, none of them sphynx. I emailed the ad on craigslist, and received a reply shortly after that she would like to meet me and introduce me to the cat for adoption. We got her! She's a tortoiseshell sphynx lady cat, and we named her Lady Wrinkleboo, but we call her Boo. She's a sassy girl who loves turkey.

It's taken several months for all the cats to be comfortable with Boo in the house. They didn't know what she was - one cat is still quite frightened of her, but he leaves her alone. Boo doesn't cuddle with any of the others, but she gets plenty of attention from everyone else in the house. She can get a little slappy when you don't touch her the "right way", but she's a sweet girl and loves to be massaged and kissed. Her face reminds me of one of those dried out apple head granny dolls. Love her!

Cindy
IMG_0893 (Medium).JPG

Wrinkleboo

Lairian
Oh, additional information: She was 8 years old when we adopted her. She just turned 9. She was adopted out because the woman had just gotten divorced and was working two jobs and was hardly ever home. She felt bad for the cat and wanted her to be somewhere with more attention.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to The Lair! Your Boo is a beauty and how wonderful you were able to give her a forever home. So happy you went from lurking to actively joining us. There is a great balance of new members and seasoned ones, so it really is a helpful & friendly group.

Patti

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to you and Miss Wrinkleboo!! I love that name, and it fits your pretty tortie! She sounds like she has plenty of tortietude also. Enjoy the best site on the Web!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Wrinkleboo and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a cutie you have there! Please enjoy our wonderful sphynx community! (y)

FeyAngel

Lairian
Hello and welcome to you and your gorgeous baby Miss Boo! It took me a while to come out of the shadows and post as well, but I can guarantee you won't regret it! This is a truly wonderful place full of lots of helpful and friendly folks. Nice to meet you and your beauty! :)

Wrinkleboo

Lairian
Hi and welcome ! Miss boo is so cute. Torties ahhh what can I say, they are feisty !

Not only is this my first Sphynx, its also my first tortie and first female cat! I didn't know what to attribute her sassy personality to... Being female, or being tortie? Do torties really have the reputation of having a bit of an attitude? It would be comforting to know that its nothing personal. LOL

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair, now you are owned by a sphynx your like will never be the se, congratulations shes adorable, love lisa & blue xxx

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Not only is this my first Sphynx, its also my first tortie and first female cat! I didn't know what to attribute her sassy personality to... Being female, or being tortie? Do torties really have the reputation of having a bit of an attitude? It would be comforting to know that its nothing personal. LOL
My lil tortie Frida also has catitude. She definitely has her own ideas about how things should be, but I think it is also a bit of a Sphynx thing. Sphynx are friendly and out going but they also tend to be very adventurous. This can lead to the confident determined attitude that we call sassy. Maybe the tortie aspects just multiply this.

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

LOL nothing personal, when ours came to us, she was already 6 years old and man, she went up on our Bookshelves and started shoving everything down, when she wanted attention. No she didnt come to us and lay on us for attention, she started shoving things down. 2nd day my 2 favorite coffee cups did not survive, one was FULL with coffee and she shoved it down the table! How ?? I do not know, she is a strong 5 lbs cat !!! She is so tiney and you would not think that she would be able to do that, but she does. I put all my favorite glass things inthe Vitrine and double sided taped other things that I did not want to hide from her and it works. Now she just goes for keys , remotes and small things and i an deal with that :) You have to cat proof some things and its just her attitude and I love that about her ! haha

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh welcome to you and your girlie. I do so love that tortitude! My little tortie has her own quirks too. Glad she found a home with you

Back