Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

.... My Kitten Died...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NekkidIzUs

Lairian
I just got an email from my breeder that the little boy i was getting was attacked by a male and killed. I was going to name him Frankie after my father who passed away last month... this is killing me.... I never even got to hold him, how do you all deal with loosing a loved nekkid baby after years of being with them??:Cry:

susi794

Staff member
Oh no! I often forget how blessed I am..Moody loves the babies, he grooms them, babysits them, snuggles them....he always has been extremely gentle and loving to the babies. Even with these babies that aren't his. Not sure he knows they aren't his. But I can't imagine how horrible that would be. I am so very, very sorry for your loss.

NekkidIzUs

Lairian
So sorry for your loss! How terrible for you! Is there anything I can do for you? You are in my prayers...Marna

the breeder has offered me his brother, a kitten from a future litter, or a refund. is it bad to replace him? I chose him because I could see my dad in him... and now, i just dont know what to do...

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Dinka and I are so sorry for your loss. It is a heartbreaking experience that can not be put into words.
praying kitty.jpg
BLESS HIS SWEET LITTLE SOUL.
MAY YOU FIND A NEW LOVE TO FILL YOUR HEART.

susi794

Staff member
No Sweety--it isn't bad to replace him....your heart has love to give and this new baby will help your heart to heal. It's not being disloyal to the one who died....it is a way to celebrate the love you wanted to share with him. It would be a shame not to give that love to a baby...and his brother needs love too. I'd take the brother.

NekkidIzUs

Lairian
thank you all again! I am going to sleep on it, and email her tomorrow to let her know for sure. His brother is his twin so its kind of like getting his other half??

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I too agree that you could share your love with his brother or perhaps another kitty but that's totally your choice. I personally think it would be kind of cool to get his brother and I love Pooner's idea of making him Frankie Jr....great way to keep the memory alive. All that being said, I am so sorry you are going through this. HUGS.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I too agree that you could share your love with his brother or perhaps another kitty but that's totally your choice. I personally think it would be kind of cool to get his brother and I love Pooner's idea of making him Frankie Jr....great way to keep the memory alive. All that being said, I am so sorry you are going through this. HUGS.

I agree too - replace your grief with joy.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree getting a replacement.
Years ago me and my sister were getting kittens and I got a call my Meeko was very sick and almost dead.
The er vet saved her but Mystique my sisters kitten died.
I took part of Mystiques name and put it in part of Polars show name.
There is nothing wrong with getting another kitten.
Sorry the other kitten died.
I have always felt guilty that my Meeko lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back