Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx red lips

LaurennAustinn

Lairian
Hello!
my 6 month old Sphynx started to develop red patches around the top and bottom lip and it's been almost 2 weeks and it is still there also now my other 6 month old kitten is developing the same thing around his lips as well. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and could tell me what it was?
Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 50

Yoda mom

Staff member
It's usually the plastic that can cause chin acne-
And stainless is recommended-
I am sure others will chime in soon-
You could call your vet on Monday and see what they recommend-
I am not sure what it is..

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@LaurennAustinn : welcome to sphynxlair to you, Pym and Sebastian! It looks a little bit like acne or an allergic reaction to something. Maybe it is caused by the food change? Is their something in their new food that wasn't in the food they got before? My boys Toa and Ross did develope their first bumps (acne) when they were around 5-6 months old. So at the sane age as Pym and Sebastian. Do they have blackheads?

Hope others will chime in with better ideas!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!
my 6 month old Sphynx started to develop red patches around the top and bottom lip and it's been almost 2 weeks and it is still there also now my other 6 month old kitten is developing the same thing around his lips as well. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and could tell me what it was?
Thanks!
When did you change foods? Welcome by the way! :)

LaurennAustinn

Lairian
@LaurennAustinn : welcome to sphynxlair to you, Pym and Sebastian! It looks a little bit like acne or an allergic reaction to something. Maybe it is caused by the food change? Is their something in their new food that wasn't in the food they got before? My boys Toa and Ross did develope their first bumps (acne) when they were around 5-6 months old. So at the sane age as Pym and Sebastian. Do they have blackheads?

Hope others will chime in with better ideas!

I switched from the royal canin to science diet because I thought it was better. And no blackheads on either of them for now lol.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello and welcome to the Lair. What beautiful names for your nakeds.

It could be diet related or perhaps a new toy that they're nuzzling like crazy? Any new detergent? Fabric softener can cause issues too. Or is there a heat source they get too close to?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@LaurennAustinn , smooches to Pym and Sebastian-
Perhaps food allergy to ingredient in new food?
glad you are getting them checked by your vet for a diagnosis to see what is going on with your babies

Looking forward to good news updates from their vet visit

Last edited:
Back