Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What I have going on lately. :( :( :(

cleozmama

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh Robin,
I am absolutely crushed to hear of little Sissy's prognosis. I'm so, so terribly sad for you and Sissy. You jumped thru so many hoops to bring her into the circle of love of your family, I can't even fathom the pain you're feeling right now.

I know that in the short time you've had together you have given her a lifetime of love that she will carry with her forever.

I have missed you terribly and my thoughts are always with you!

Xoxoxoxo.
Kim

p.s. Please call my anytime for a shoulder or whatever you need!

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh my gosh im so sorry, i didnt realise all that your baby has been through & had to fight back a lump in my throat reading this post its heartbreaking, lots of thoughts prayers & love sent to your home love lisa & Blue xxxxx

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
LOL that is awesome after her name sake! I want to see pics! I am glad Miss. Violet is doing well. My Violet is now down to 8.5 lbs and looks like a wrinkly little elephant.

I thought of the name sake too. LOL
Wow, I can't believe your Violet weighs ONLY 8.5 lbs. Maybe she needs some plastic surgery to tighten up her wrinkles. :) Oh wait, nevermind, she's a sphynx and should have yummy wrinkles to kiss and squish. :)

I have to look upstairs later...but I think Miss Violet weighs the same or more than your Violet (and that was at 8 months old)!

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh robin, I'm so so sorry to hear this news. My heart is breaking for you. My whole entire Sphynx journey began with my beautiful Nala cat contracting FIP. She was my everything, the day she went to sleep in my arms I was broken, I sobbed like I was never going to stop. I still can't look at a British blue shorthair without pangs of pain.
I wish I could hug you till your tears stop! You've come to the right place for support. When Nala died people thought I had lost the plot- she's just a cat- just a cat?!! Sphynx people get it? They know the love.

Huge hugs to you all

Emily, I know that you've been through so much with your babies. I know you certainly understand. Yesterday when my daughter came over, she saw the huge pile of tissues and heard me sobbing as she walked in the house. She does know that my love for these babies is different than any love I've ever had for my pets before. And I certainly loved all my pets and cried like crazy when they all crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge. Yet, my daughter yesterday was seriously concerned and upset to see me like that. Sissy has her good days and her bad days...Mommy too has her good and bad moments right now. :(

Did Nala have wet or dry FIP?

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Robin,
Iam so sorry your going thru this. I know how much you love and fought for sissy to be yours. And there was no mistake in that remember how much I was rooting for her to come home with you.
Just love on her and take pictures with her and make your memories and etch them in your heart inscribe them in your special place for her.
I really know how crazy in love you are for her, I understand that's how I feel for Sincere. Sissy is beautiful her markings amazing and I know what you mean when people are just drawn to that one special personality.
I must say I have asked about you and missed you so much.
You had a way of giving great advise, encouragement, love and much laughter....and your excitement for other joys and at stories is unmatched. The Lair is not the same without you for me. I miss you seems like such a inadequate word. I'm so sorry your dealing with this but know that sissy was always meant to be yours for her time for this journey. We never understand pain, loss, and grief until after much time has past. I pray God gives you unmeasurable peace that surpasses your understanding. And a comfort that is a healing balm to your heart.
Whenever you need me I'm just a few key strokes away to lend comfort.

Christina

Christina, your words are exceptionally heart-felt by me. I appreciate having you in my life and we must meet one day. As a matter of fact, ever since I met @gojennings (Laura) in September and then @Franksmom (Denise) this spring, I had made up my mind that I was going to have a party of local sphynx owners this spring or summer at my house. You certainly were on the invite list. But now all I is cry and can't think about anything but my little angel Sissy. :(

Your beautiful words to me about how much you've missed me over the last few months are so appreciated. I can't even express how that touches my heart. So many people have sent me messages and told me the exact same thing as you did and it makes me feel so loved and needed. I will always appreciate that and never take anyone or any words for granted.

I thank you a million....trillion times for you being you, Christina.

Robin
oxox

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm so sorry you have to go through this, my heart goes out to you at this sad time. I'm just glad out of everything that's gone on in her life that you found each other, you make her feel more love than anyone could ever imagine. We're all here for you!

Aww, again more beautiful words by fellow members. So much appreciated. Thank you.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh Robin,
I am absolutely crushed to hear of little Sissy's prognosis. I'm so, so terribly sad for you and Sissy. You jumped thru so many hoops to bring her into the circle of love of your family, I can't even fathom the pain you're feeling right now.

I know that in the short time you've had together you have given her a lifetime of love that she will carry with her forever.

I have missed you terribly and my thoughts are always with you!

Xoxoxoxo.
Kim

p.s. Please call my anytime for a shoulder or whatever you need!

Oh, Kim, I know that if I call you...I'd be crying so hard that you wouldn't understand a word I was saying. Give me time, I will speak to you. just give me time please.

Thank you for your kind words and being there or me right now. oxoxox

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I had no idea of her story but I'm so sorry to hear it, as tears run down my face for i can't imagine your heartbreak. Peace and love to you both.
@susi794 as usual you say it best,your wisdom is unequal ,you are a rock for all of us.

I'm truly sorry I have made you cry. I guess you can say that I totally get that though as I always had to keep a box of tissues on my desk because of the Lair! I have cried countless times reading heartbreaking stories on here.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh my gosh im so sorry, i didnt realise all that your baby has been through & had to fight back a lump in my throat reading this post its heartbreaking, lots of thoughts prayers & love sent to your home love lisa & Blue xxxxx

Thank you, Lisa. I just know that my angel Sissy will have a happy and healthy life of a kitten one day at the end of that final rainbow.

Robin

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My heart just breaks for you... Poor little girl has seen more struggle than many senior pets have in a lifetime.
I know you will but just soak up every bit of Sissy while you still can! Hugs from me & the boys :(

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My heart just breaks for you... Poor little girl has seen more struggle than many senior pets have in a lifetime.
I know you will but just soak up every bit of Sissy while you still can! Hugs from me & the boys :(

You are so right. We have a 19 + year old red and white tabby named Chuckie (that now lives with my daughter). He will probably have surgery soon to remove a cyst that won't go away on it's own. It opens and drains all over. But other than that, Chucky has lived a full and wonderful long life. He eats half his food each a.m. and then runs to all the other furry cats' bowls to eat theirs before returning back to his food bowl to finish. Then he howls with stomach pains, usually pukes from eating way, way too much food all at once. LOL But other than his love for food and his cyst, he's only had a tooth problem once in his old age.

On the other hand, there is my precious little baby angel Sissy that could never catch a long enough break from illnesses. Just not fair. I can only hold onto the thought of her being out of misery one day once she crosses the Rainbow Bridge to peace, good health and much happiness.

Ickushouse

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh Robin! I've wondered where you were almost every time I visited the Lair because you were such a loving and funny contributor during my first months as a member. I was SO hoping that something terrible didn't/wasn't happening in your life and that you and your precious babies were ok. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through one of the most horrible things a sphynx mom has to endure. I know how deeply you love. Sissy is so lucky to have you as a momma. I'm praying for your calm and strength and for sweet baby Sissy's comfort as you hold each other close. :cry:

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hmm? Am I? I certainly don't feel brave. :( :( :(
Robin, You are so brave, you may not feel it & be broken inside but you are a tower of strength with everything you have & still are going through, you may be breaking down but you are continuing to fight hard & show sissy the love you have for her now & always, i wish you all the love in the world you truly are an amazing mummy & many would not be able to deal with all you have had thrown at you, love & best wishes always to you & sissy, you will both be in my prayers xxx

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh Robin! I've wondered where you were almost every time I visited the Lair because you were such a loving and funny contributor during my first months as a member. I was SO hoping that something terrible didn't/wasn't happening in your life and that you and your precious babies were ok. I'm sorry to hear that you are going through one of the most horrible things a sphynx mom has to endure. I know how deeply you love. Sissy is so lucky to have you as a momma. I'm praying for your calm and strength and for sweet baby Sissy's comfort as you hold each other close. :cry:

I appreciate all your compliments and prayers very much. From the bottom of my heart, I am very touched by the way many have missed me and hoped that everything was ok here.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Robin, You are so brave, you may not feel it & be broken inside but you are a tower of strength with everything you have & still are going through, you may be breaking down but you are continuing to fight hard & show sissy the love you have for her now & always, i wish you all the love in the world you truly are an amazing mummy & many would not be able to deal with all you have had thrown at you, love & best wishes always to you & sissy, you will both be in my prayers xxx

Lisa, your beautiful words got me all choked up. I strongly believe that in life, we are given what we can handle. Yet...I can't handle this situation. I have no choice though, the situation is here and I must be there to take care of Sissy. She so deserves the best. She is the sweetest baby girl...loved by everyone. Thank you for being you.

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lisa, your beautiful words got me all choked up. I strongly believe that in life, we are given what we can handle. Yet...I can't handle this situation. I have no choice though, the situation is here and I must be there to take care of Sissy. She so deserves the best. She is the sweetest baby girl...loved by everyone. Thank you for being you.
Dear robin, I know its totally different & the situations cant be compared but i do have a similar situation that makes me feel i understand your hurt & dispair, we handreared an orphaned marmoset for 15 months from her being 7 weeks old, bottle fed her every 4 hour on baby formula she slept with us, was never caged & never left alone, she was called marge & was a very sickly little girl as she missed the crucial months of mums milk, i loved her not like an animal but as my own baby, we fought through so many illnesses & i cried everytime i felt we'd combatted another battle, marge was my world & a love id never experienced before as she was 100% dependant just as a human baby would be, to cut a long story short she caught a coldsore over the bank holiday weekend which spread to pneumonia & caused her to have a major seizure, one night in intensive care cost us over £800 & she passed away there alone without me holding her, that was my worse fear, i was her mum, she needed me & i left her for what i thought was in her best interest & i will regret that forever, i vowed i would never ever allow myself to be in that situation ever again until met Blue & once again i feel the love that is unlike the love i feel for my dogs or other cat although i love them dearly the love i felt for marge & now have for Blue is overwhelming, i know my circumstances are different from yours & please dont feel i am trying to compare because i really am not, i just wanted you to know why i think your so brave & amazing, sissi will be loved unconditionally by you & she is so lucky to have parents who care so much to share her time with, your story has touched me a lot & even though you wont feel it now you will look back & smile at those special moments you shared together & appreciate the prividge of being on her journey with her & having the honour of calling sissi your baby, i do truly admire you & will always be here if you ever need a chat, lots of love to you & your family always xxxxxxx

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Dear robin, I know its totally different & the situations cant be compared but i do have a similar situation that makes me feel i understand your hurt & dispair, we handreared an orphaned marmoset for 15 months from her being 7 weeks old, bottle fed her every 4 hour on baby formula she slept with us, was never caged & never left alone, she was called marge & was a very sickly little girl as she missed the crucial months of mums milk, i loved her not like an animal but as my own baby, we fought through so many illnesses & i cried everytime i felt we'd combatted another battle, marge was my world & a love id never experienced before as she was 100% dependant just as a human baby would be, to cut a long story short she caught a coldsore over the bank holiday weekend which spread to pneumonia & caused her to have a major seizure, one night in intensive care cost us over £800 & she passed away there alone without me holding her, that was my worse fear, i was her mum, she needed me & i left her for what i thought was in her best interest & i will regret that forever, i vowed i would never ever allow myself to be in that situation ever again until met Blue & once again i feel the love that is unlike the love i feel for my dogs or other cat although i love them dearly the love i felt for marge & now have for Blue is overwhelming, i know my circumstances are different from yours & please dont feel i am trying to compare because i really am not, i just wanted you to know why i think your so brave & amazing, sissi will be loved unconditionally by you & she is so lucky to have parents who care so much to share her time with, your story has touched me a lot & even though you wont feel it now you will look back & smile at those special moments you shared together & appreciate the prividge of being on her journey with her & having the honour of calling sissi your baby, i do truly admire you & will always be here if you ever need a chat, lots of love to you & your family always xxxxxxx

Wow, Lisa, your story showed me who you really are...a wonderfully, good-hearted person. I totally understand you feeling like your marmoset was your baby and how you must feel knowing that she left this earth without you by her side. How sad, my heart aches for you. There isn't anything that you can do about that now...please try not to feel the guilt anymore as you certainly did what was best for Marge by leaving her in the hospital to recover. You would have felt far more guilt I bet if she had left this earth in your arms at home. You would have never allow yourself forgiveness for taking her home rather than leaving her to recover in the hospital. I do totally understand the importance of wanting to be there with your baby on her final breath. I was with my golden retriever Goldie, my chocolate lab Hazel and my furry cat Angelica for their final breaths. It too was important to me as it will be for Sissy. I'd never forgive myself if Sissy crossed over while alone in my bedroom, etc.

I totally understand you ... totally. I have nursed many pets from a cat at two days old to her long life, my golden's stroke: I got her back on her feet and did what I could do for her to make her more comfortable for the next almost year of her life and the things I have to do for Sissy to make her day easier and give her physical strength and nurishment. I will always be there for my four-legged loves. They need people like us. :) oxox

Back