Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Zoa's sick. Scared :( Might be IBS?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I should have come here for the updates before I messaged you...lol. I will remain positive. The anti nausea and subcutaneous fluids have done the trick for Loki a few times so I am hoping it helps Zoa past the next day or so until she is feeling better. The fluids should really help jump start her system. It is a blessing nothing serious was found from the tests, but it is also frustrating I am sure. Your vet seems to be taking a logical approach and not being too aggressive which is great when it comes to tummy problems. It is worse to try too much, too soon.

Patti

FeyAngel

Lairian
So relieved to hear that nothing life-threatening was found. I hope your sweet baby feels better soon and you are able to get to the bottom of what's causing her illness. Poor girl--give her extra snuggles and loving from us here at the Lair. :)

GizmosMommy

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Glad its nothing too serious. Hope she is herself again very soon. That shot worked for giz when he had an upset belly and was throwing up about a year ago. I'm sure your giving her lots of love and kisses :)

Helsinki

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thank you so much everyone! Zoa is feeling a little better already and has had two small meals with no issue (knock on wood!). She's resting a lot which I'm sure is the best thing for her. She sends her love to everyone on the Lair!
20140712_194839-1.jpg

Glad the tests came back ok. Try some gastro food and see if that helps :)

We're definitely going to switch her food to something easier on her. After the weekend I'm going to call her vet so we can discuss the next step :)

ZiggyStardust

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So glad she's feeling better! They think Ash has IBD. He was throwing up a lot and lost weight. They wanted to do the intestinal biopsy to confirm, but I didn't want to put him through that so I told the vet just to treat him as if he did. It's worked! He has occasional flare ups, but then we just put him on an intestinal anti-inflammatory for a few days and he's good again. His diet was changed to a single source protein as well, and he gets a multi-vitamin with it. Good luck! I hope you're able to get her right as rain!

Helsinki

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I dropped by the vet's office today and picked up some hypoallergenic food and some metronidazole today for Zoa :) the ladies at the desk were telling me how much they loved her and that they'd been telling all their friends about her since our visit haha!

Gave Zoa her first serving of the new food a bit ago and she LOVES it. She was even licking the bowl! The vet wants her to stay on it for at least a month - and she can't have any treats or anything else at all in that time frame. The vet said it should sort of reset her system, and after a month we can slowly introduce new proteins again to see what she will tolerate.

I'm really hoping this will do the trick! I'm so excited to be on our way to figuring out this issue and getting Zoa on track to good digestive health! Thank you all for all the positive thoughts and encouraging words!

Kyla L

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yay! I'm glad Zoa is doing better! Hopefully this food will do the trick and she will be back to herself! She is so lucky to have such a good mommy.

Helsinki

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Helsinki
Checking in on precious Zoa :)
The "metro" pills as I call them, really helped my Omar's IBD -
Looking forward to more positive Zoa updates!

Thanks for checking in! I've been moving so haven't had much chance to be online. Zoa is feeling much better overall - she's been on the metro and the hypoallergenic food since Monday, and at first her poo was drastically better but now it's back to being diarrhea. Maybe it just takes more time. She's otherwise feeling good though and no nausea so far!

muddpuddles01

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lenore has IBS and chronic colitis. The only thing that helped her was feeding either raw or grain free science diet and Flagyl when she has a flare up. I can't feed raw bc we have a baby in the house, so we stick with the science diet. I know most ppl hate science diet food, but that's seriously the only food on the market she can tolerate. No diarrhea or bloody poops! Maybe it's just a question of trying different foods and seeing what works for her? Good luck to you and Zoa!

Ickushouse

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh dear, I'm just seeing this thread! I'm so glad to hear that baby Zoa's tests were ok and that she's feeling better, but I hope that runny poo is under control soon. Her tummy must feel upset. Poor suffering sweetheart. :(

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Lenore has IBS and chronic colitis. The only thing that helped her was feeding either raw or grain free science diet and Flagyl when she has a flare up. I can't feed raw bc we have a baby in the house, so we stick with the science diet. I know most ppl hate science diet food, but that's seriously the only food on the market she can tolerate. No diarrhea or bloody poops! Maybe it's just a question of trying different foods and seeing what works for her? Good luck to you and Zoa!

If science diet works for her, then, that's what she would get. There is nothing
wrong with that. I know other people feed it and like it. Their babies are
healthy, that's all that matters. I have found you can't go by what everyone
else says or does. You have to do what is best for your own.
There is even people feed their sphynx food for hairball. That's the only
thing that they could finally come to after lots of trial and error.
Go figure, who would ever thought that food would be good for a sphynx.

Back