Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Sphynx hates...

My Sphynx hates.....

• The bath

Votes: 45 37.2%
  • Ear cleaning

Votes: 40 33.1%
  • Nail clipping

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Other (leave comment)

Votes: 28 23.1%

• Total voters

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Vito hates having his bum washed or wiped the most but overall the ears are the worst. We make a Sphynx burrito and then someone holds his head while I clean. In 2 days they look like I never did them. Hopefully they will be better after the vet cleans them out while he's under.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about claws because I have a feeling that wouldn't go well either. He never seems to mind me playing with his feet so you never know...

Last edited:

NiceGirlsFakeIt

Lairian
Ming hates the actual bath part. My husband and I say she calls it the "tub of death". She doesn't seem to mind the other parts of grooming, though.

Jess&Luke0601

Lairian
Brodie is not a fan of bring home alone for too very long.......I may need to get another so he has someone to play with when Luke and I are at work!

SealySphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I chose the bath since that's probably his least favorite thing, but he also hates nail clipping, ear cleaning, and he really hates getting his nails cleaned!

snarkitty

Lairian
Dorian is pretty apathetic about nail cleaning and trimming--I usually end up doing it when he's all sleepy and curled up on me and he couldn't care less while I mess with his toes. He has a fascination with water (Like the running faucet) but still doesn't enjoy bath time which is a shame! He'll tolerate it but tries to escape the bath at least once or twice on each occasion. He really doesn't like it when I try to wash his tail for some reason which seems to get pretty dirty, I'm not sure why to both.

What he really, really, really hates though is ear cleaning. Folds his ears down and pulls his head away. I feel awful doing it but rather him be briefly angry with me than have dirty ears all the time.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Boone also hates to be picked up with his back end dangling.

The beginning of hatred:

Full hatred:

:Laugh:​

Zeke8888

Lairian
I have tried EVERYthing to make nail trimming time less like brain surgery without anesthesia in vain. I have so many types of clippers and have tried calming techniques and being forceful. Finally I just decided long nails are chic!:LOL:

Back