Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Photo nabbing?

danidigsit

Lairian
Have you ever caught someone outright stealing/reusing your photos of your babies without your knowledge, consent or credit? I have already found pictures of Cirro on instagram and I'm not really sure how to address it..

PoesMommy

Lairian
No but as a photographer this happens to me a ton! I would just email whoever is taking the photo without your consent and ask them to remove it if this doesnt work I usually send a DMCA letter.

danidigsit

Lairian
No but as a photographer this happens to me a ton! I would just email whoever is taking the photo without your consent and ask them to remove it if this doesnt work I usually send a DMCA letter.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm do primarily candid photography, but I'm very casual about it, and I have yet to find anything that I have taken professionally used without my consent. I feel like if I'm credited, no harm done, but otherwise makes me pretty angry.

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I found a bunch of nphotos of a members cat being used on a breeders site and informed the member. She hasnt been able to get them removed.

Graddydani

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I've had some of Graddy used on a Craigslist ad. I went psycho on them and the ad was removed that very day but a friend of mine told me that if I post pics of anything on social networking sites I shouldn't be surprised to see nabbing. It is in public territory anyway. It doesn't make it right but it's very hard to control.

Rwalkerg

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Graddydani is right, anything posted online with easy access means that anything is possible with your pictures!

Find a DMCA Letter & send!

live2flythesky

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Or create your own watermark??? I know it stinks to have to do it, and they could possibly crop it out, but it still might make them think twice. You could just create an action to do it in Photoshop and then batch all of your photos so far and reupload them to Instagram (I think...I don't use Instagram).

Gesundheit

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This hasn't happened to me, but I won't be surprised if or when it does. Tis the internet. If someone really wants to use a picture, they're going to do so. If I see a picture meme'd or instagram'd, I won't be bothered. It'll just add to my online anonymity, and on the off chance that someone from the internet happens by here, they could have the "OMG! THIS IS THE ORIGINAL!!!" moment.

Back