Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Skin rash/bruise on legs?

anamiez

Lairian
Hey there, our little boy has these strange red patches on his front legs, trying to understand what it might be before taking to the vets and investigating further :confused: I've attached pictures. The patch on his right leg (left on picture) was very dark yesterday and today and had dry small scabs all over and now they've gone off due to activity. He doesn't seem to be agitated by them, however he does seem to be generally a bit itchy... would scratch behind his ears, neck and a bit of his face as well. Perhaps it's allergies? Hope pictures are clear enough!

Attachments

• IMG_4600.PNG
    IMG_4600.PNG
    223.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4595.jpg
    IMG_4595.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4594.jpg
    IMG_4594.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 69

Yoda mom

Staff member
@anamiez hopeful others can chime in with ideas .
I have no idea .. does he grab onto round scratching post causing abrasion ?
Here is a link .
For peace of mind always best to ask your vet / share a pic

Any changes new scratching posts ? New food , litter

Being he is a little itchy I would try to think of any changes ... fabric softener , detergent , etc

Following for updates
Positive vibes!

Check him all over

Does he sit on cable boxes ?

Last edited:

anamiez

Lairian
Does he wear clothes, then maybe an allergy to the detergent? When my girl Foxy had to wear a jumper after her spay she got spots that looked like your boy has.

I think you might be right, I was also thinking it might be detergent. I washed his bed covers and used fabric conditioner, so perhaps that irritated him! He doesn't wear clothes. Seems like it's healing though, it's just a bit dry and scabby now :) he doesn't seem to be annoyed by it, just licks it from time to time.

Back