Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking for his dream tabby.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
WOW! Goblin is GORGEOUS!! and that is one fab name!

I seem to have missed this thread for a couple of weeks some how :Dizzy::Dizzy: So glad he's settling in well.

We have a covered litter tray and a litter catch mat otside of it and that seems to help out alot with the litter throwing.

X

TheFlork

Lairian
Thanks guys! yeah ill definitely get him a cover! good to know hes not broken and they all do this haha

everything is a bit of a change with Goblin as all of my other cats have been persians or at least part and i don't remember them going to the bathroom ever being a problem .... aside for when they get diarrhea lol he does reminds me a lot of my mom's siamese, but to be fair hes half feral haha

In other news i did get him a rug for my room and the hall and its really helped out...until he attacks it and scrunches it up into a little ball haha but at least now i have 20 minute intervals of quiet for the neighbors lol

awwwwwwwww He is so cute!!!!!!! My first pick for a Sphynx was a Tabby but I ended up going with another breeder. no biggie, I love my Snuffie! Snuffie runs on our hard wood floor in the hallway which has a pretty good 90 degree angle turn in it, she always slides around the turns and bangs into the wall sometimes. Its funny. Sphynx are a trip!!

No suggestions on your litter box strokes other than maybe trying a lid but goodluck.

haha yeah i don't know how he isn't covered in bruises! he has no disregard for his own body haha He knows how to jump up super high, he just doesn't know how to land lol

Oh and as for the noise level...good luck with that Hibou is the only cat I have had that sounds like an elephant when she runs...maybe the fur on regular cats muffles the noise a little...lol:LOL::LOL::LOL:

yeah for sure, like i said, iv had mostly persians growing up and those guys just float every where lol feet aside, something they don't worn you about when its not covered in fur is that damn tail, every time he hops off my shoulder WHIP CRACK with his whipah tail across my eyes haha

WOW! Goblin is GORGEOUS!! and that is one fab name!

I seem to have missed this thread for a couple of weeks some how :Dizzy::Dizzy: So glad he's settling in well.

We have a covered litter tray and a litter catch mat otside of it and that seems to help out alot with the litter throwing.

X
Thanks! i went with a few other names first, but saying Anubis out loud 15 times gets really annoying and doesn't feel right haha and even when i first got him and held him and those creepy little hands grasp you its like "im holding a goblin! not a cat" haha so it just stuck.

Snuffie won't let me put her lid on, she seems to act like she doesnt know it works. lol So what I did was..........I laid a kitchen carpet thing under her box long ways so when she strokes any out it lands on that carpet and when I clean up I can just pick up the carpet and shake off any into the trash or outside. That might work for you as well if the lid doesn't work out.

he seems to really like to jump into things that are covered so hopefully he will really dig it....lol dig it.... but if not ill try that. Right now i moved it behind the door and next to a book shelf so if the door is open the book shelf, wall and door kinda act like shields. unfortunately i lushly keep my doors closed to lock in the heat for him haha

TheFlork

Lairian
hey, goblin is sucking his wrinkles very intently, is this normal? like hes suckling at his mother, its really loud to haha its knda cute but should i be worried?

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
At least he does not do what Polar does.
He sucks his nipple and I am trying to stop him.
I would not worry about your kitten sucking his wrinkles.

TheFlork

Lairian
Oh he sucks on his nipple too, but he does it when i make him super comfertable and is curled up on my chest, so he cant really get to his nipple lol so he goes for the wrinkles instead lol

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I tried to stop him by putting bitter apple on his nipple but it did not work.
I am showing him this weekend.
Your kitten should stop soon.

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
Haji does this too, when he is happy. He suckles on himself like he is nursing his momma.
Is he also kneading with his paws?
It's just a behavior and nothing is wrong. Haji drools ALOT when he does it.
I spent alot of time breaking him of the habit because it became too frequent.
I literally pulled his head away and covered his belly with a sheet so he couldn't get to it. It took a long time to break him of the habit, and I never punished him, just gave him affection after I pulled his head away so I was giving him pleasure, rather than himself.
It's not a problem anymore.

TheFlork

Lairian
THANKS GUYS! Yeah he kneads as well, its always fun to watch his creepy little hands haha But as long as nothing is wrong, i don't mind, just a girl i had over said no no no don't let him do that, like it was the end of the world, but couldn't tell me why not, so i was worried.

But now there is a new concern, that blows the sucking outta the water, and i definitely want to brake him of his this!

HUMPING!!!

he does it every night now to my arm or feet and i hate it! cuz its when im just about to fall asleep and i think hes just kneading or getting comfortable and then bam he bites down and goes to town. and i don't know whats going on in my almost-sleep and kick him across the room. which he bounce off the wall and latches on again lol
Hes fixed so i don't know where its coming from.
but its creeping me out and i cant trust him any more, is he getting comfortable ooooor is he about to go into rape mode lol

susi794

Staff member
I'm sorry, I have lost track of this thread--is this cat an adult? If it was a retired stud, even if it was neutered, it still remembers the joy of mating. I thought my Moody would stop mating my females, but he still does--he just can't produce kittens anymore. My vet said it takes several months to have the hormone levels drop enough to stop the drive, but if a male has been sexually active for a long time and is still surrounded by females, he may never stop wanting to mate. If this is an unaltered male, than you need to get him neutered. If he has been neutered for awhile, then I would check with my vet to see if both testicles were completely removed or if they are still pumping hormones. I have never heard of a cat humping it's owner's foot. How old is this cat? Altered or no? How long ago?

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
HUMPING!!!

he does it every night now to my arm or feet and i hate it! cuz its when im just about to fall asleep and i think hes just kneading or getting comfortable and then bam he bites down and goes to town. and i don't know whats going on in my almost-sleep and kick him across the room. which he bounce off the wall and latches on again lol
Hes fixed so i don't know where its coming from.
but its creeping me out and i cant trust him any more, is he getting comfortable ooooor is he about to go into rape mode lol

I know I shouldn't laugh but :LOL::LOL::LOL:

susi794

Staff member
Is he a cryptorchid? (That means one or both of his testicles didn't descend into the scrotum.) Sometimes that can cause an overly sexed male since the one that didn't descend is pumping non-stop testosterone. But a kitten??? ROFLMAO--maybe he just REALLY likes you.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Weirdly when I first brought Mug-Y home he used to do this!! Infact at the welfare home they had to take his "humpy toy" away from him because he just wouldn't let up and he's 8 years old and been done since he was a kitten!!!

He's now calmed down and stopped with it but for about the first month he'd keep mounting my arm and screaming when i pulled it away!! :Dizzy::Woo:

I hope he grows out of it soon!

X

TheFlork

Lairian
i think the water bottle is doing the trick....maybe haha i just feel bad cuz im worried hill associate it with my bed cuz he never comes back haha but he hasn't done it in 2 days lol so progress maybe!

susi794: yeah hes just a kitten lol bearly 6 months old! haha and he is fixed not sure when though, probbably a month or so before i got him? his balls have always looked a little odd, but i thought its just cuz my other males have been Persian and never see them haha how do these look lol

ballz.jpg

haha but he does really like me i think haha even if there are other people over giving him attention or playing with him, if i leave the room hes right next to me :-D

Mug-ys mumma: i hope so too! at least he isnt makeing wired sounds on top of all of it haha

susi794

Staff member
LOL--there aren't any testicles there to see. My Moody was a cryptorchid--his scrotum was huge--but there was only one testicle in it--the other one was internal and it pumped testosterone non stop. My vet always laughed and said it made Moody a sex fiend, but that he couldn't help himself due to so much hormone production. But when I got him fixed, I had to have him fully operated on to find and remove the other testicle in his abdomen--or he never would've stopped the tom behaviors and the nondescended one could eventually become cancerous. But Moody's scrotum, although it has shrunk a lot, still looks different than most neutered males due to it being so stretched out on one side. My vet had a heck of a time getting the one extremely large testicle out of the scrotum and had an awful time finding the other one. Said it was the hardest neuter he's done in his 30 year career. Anyway, your cat looks normal to me, although I can hardly lay claim to being the "balls expert" :Surprise:
of the Lair. :LOL::Cool:

TheFlork

Lairian
LOL--there aren't any testicles there to see. My Moody was a cryptorchid--his scrotum was huge--but there was only one testicle in it--the other one was internal and it pumped testosterone non stop. My vet always laughed and said it made Moody a sex fiend, but that he couldn't help himself due to so much hormone production. But when I got him fixed, I had to have him fully operated on to find and remove the other testicle in his abdomen--or he never would've stopped the tom behaviors and the nondescended one could eventually become cancerous. But Moody's scrotum, although it has shrunk a lot, still looks different than most neutered males due to it being so stretched out on one side. My vet had a heck of a time getting the one extremely large testicle out of the scrotum and had an awful time finding the other one. Said it was the hardest neuter he's done in his 30 year career. Anyway, your cat looks normal to me, although I can hardly lay claim to being the "balls expert" :Surprise:
of the Lair. :LOL::Cool:

haha well if any one gets my vote its you lol

i'm glad to hear that you are sleeping more soundly. I'm going to leave the commenting on his bare balls to Suzi794. :Wink::Hysterical:
haha thanks!

Back