Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

9 weeks to go!

Hello, my name is Charity, and I'll be a Sphynx mommy in about 9 weeks! Jinxlover sent me here, and I'm so glad she did. You all seem very nice, and I'd love to pick your brains about the breed so I can do everything right for my little kitty when she finally comes home. I'm getting one of Jinxlover's "Berry" kittens! I've chosen the name "Nefertari" which means "the most beautiful" in Egyptian... but we're already calling her "Neffie" for short. I'm completely and totally in love with her <3 especially because Jinxlover keeps sending me the cutest photos EVER!

A little about me: I'm a single mother of three homeschooled girls. I work at home as a freelance writer, artist, musician, web designer, and breeder of Champion line AKC Chinese Cresteds (the punky hairless doggies!)

I've been researching Sphynx cats for 4-5 years and have had a heck of a time finding a breeder/kitty mix that clicked right for me. Jinxlover just kind of fell into my life, and I'm so glad she did!

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the site.
Jinx has cute kittens.
I always wanted a Chinese Crested but my husband says no dogs.
He is afraid they would wreck our house and he is a dog lover.

Lulu Bird

Lairian
Nice to meet you! I am so jealous, the berries are adorable and I want one :BigSmile: That is a beautiful name you have picked. I can't wait to see photos :Smile:

Thank you! I'm so excited. This is a dream come true for me. My soon to be ex husband absolutely refused to let me get a Sphynx. . . of course, he also refused to let me get a Chinese Crested and we see how well THAT worked for him since I'm a breeder now, LOL! Anyway, he's out of my life and I'm FINALLY getting my sweet little Sphynx. This is going to be a very difficult 9 weeks, LOL!

Ah, yes, the fear of a house-wrecker. I hear that one a lot. Cresties aren't the typical little dogs. They tend to absorb the personalities of their owners, especially if you gte one from a good breeder who takes the time to match dogs to people! Maybe some time in the future he'll change his mind!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I plan on breeding sphynx in the future but not until I learn more.
I started showing my first sphynx a year ago and just got my 3rd sphynx last month.
I would love to go to a dog show one day to see what it is like..
I am glad you are getting a sphynx you will love them.
How did you get your soon to be ex give in for a dog?

I didn't get him to give in. I just bought the puppy that stole my heart. I stopped listening to his demands and his rules and I started living a happier, stress free life. He didn't like that. Without going into terrible detail, he was extremely abusive and controlling. Once I realized he was never going to change back to the man I married ten years prior, I stopped allowing him to control me. I made my own choices, even if they went against his wishes and caused him to get angry with me.

I have never been happier! I've got a wonderful man in my life now that supports me and loves my animals as much as I do. . . and he's totally stoked about my new kitten!

I think mine is Huckleberry? Is that right, Shannon?

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congratulations!! Not only on getting the kitten of your dreams but on living your own life and being happy!

Those babies are soooooo so cute! You are so lucky! (we're all quite attached to the berries on here) will need regular updates and pics and pics of your beautiful puppies!

X

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome, Charity!! Congrats on the new kitty! We've all been following the Berry threads on here so your new baby comes with a fan club:ThumbsUp: This is a great site--make yourself at home!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the Lair!

You are very lucky to get one of those berries! They are just darling and Shannon has done a great job with them! Congrats to you!!

J

Jinxlover

I think mine is Huckleberry? Is that right, Shannon?

Welcome!!!

Hay I'm glad you made it. Yep Huckleberry is yours. I cant keep her in the crate, her and Goose will not stay in there. They get out and the "GOOD" kittens just sit there and look at them like HAY!! how did you do that?
I'm going to try feeding them for the first time today that should be fun. I'll be getting lots of pics of the mess..lol.:LOL:

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Awww. Congrats :)

I find it hilarious that anyone would refuse to let someone have a dog because of the destruction, yet allows cats... We have had one newly rebuilt computer tower smashed to pieces by the cats (knocked it off the desk), one expensive laptop destroyed, and a myriad of other odds and ends- by the CATS! :LOL:

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
...and then there's the upholstery that is sooo much nicer than scratching posts. I'm also missing the volume control knob from my computer keyboard!

Welcome to SL!
It's so cool that we'll be able to keep up on at least one Berrie even after they go home!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello and Welcome.

Beautiful dogs :Smile: Glad you're having one of the Berries, they have become mini-celebs around here :ThumbsUp:

Wow, thanks, everyone! Shannon said you were all super nice, she wasn't kidding!

I spent a good part of last night reading through the Berry thread. I felt I was right there saying, "Come on babies! eat!" lol, reminds me of the panicky first few days of our naked pups' lives o_O I tell ya, I get more gray hairs with each litter!

You better believe I'll be posting pictures of my Berry and coming with lots and lots of questions. I've found that it doesn't matter how much research you do, until you have your new baby in your arms and have those first moments of, "Ah, crap, now what??" you're not fully prepared, lol

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello and Welcome to the lair!! I am so excited for you that you get to have one of those little berries. I think we all feel like "surrogate mommies" to them. LOL. I love the name you have chosen. I am excited to see pictures in the future. Enjoy the lair!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi AlmostNakedPups and welcome to Sphynxlair! Good luck on your new Sphynx! cant wait to see some pics!:Laugh:

Back