Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

A precious angel, gone too soon.

Odinsmommy

Lairian
Our precious little boy, our little buddy is shockingly gone.

He went in on Wednesday for a teeth cleaning. Last week he had blood work to make sure he could handle the anesthesia and while it came back positive, it appears his heart couldn’t take it. He died shortly after waking up. The vet said they must have missed something.

We are so incredibly heartbroken to think of him alone, awake, and in pain in his last moments. We were both able to hold him but he was so cold. It happened so fast and out of nowhere.

It doesn’t seem fair or real. Anyone close to us can tell you that there is no way to describe the bond we have with Odin. He was a one of a kind animal and our “little buddy”.

We had four and a half beautiful years with him after rehoming him but it feels that our time has been shortened with him. We wanted to watch him grow old and grumpy.

He was my husbands best friend, and he helped us both so much when life got hard. We sure wish he could be here to cuddle with us through this pain.

We feel as if there is so much we will never know about his years before us and why this happened. What we could have done.

my husband wants another naked baby to love and I can’t help but agree that our love needs a place to go now.

I have attached some of my favorite photos here
5DD8AA9B-32A1-40FE-8074-C5704124C083.jpeg
2225A87D-A5B4-4814-915D-291C3028567D.jpeg

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so so sorry you are going through this and that this has happened for hours fEmily.
These babies are so precious and when we loose them we feel the pain, the heartache.
I still feel that 12 months after loosing my boy yo heart disease!
I really am sorry and I hope your pain will ease soon, remember those special times.
Sweet dreams Odin❤️❤️

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so so sorry you are going through this and that this has happened for hours fEmily.
These babies are so precious and when we loose them we feel the pain, the heartache.
I still feel that 12 months after loosing my boy yo heart disease!
I really am sorry and I hope your pain will ease soon, remember those special times.
Sweet dreams Odin❤️❤️
I’m sorry for the bad spelling here. It was meant to say Im sorry this happened to you all**
Silly phone!

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy losing a beloved companion but it's certainly worse when it's unexpected. I hope your heartache eases soon so you can welcome another precious peanut into your life.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oh no what a terrible shock to lose Odin all of the sudden. My heart breaks for you.
Indeed, let the love go on and let the spirit of Odin guide you to a new naked to love. Hugs

Sheldon13

Staff member
I’m so sorry to hear it. I know the pain. The loss of my first girl last September still hurts (heart disease).

Take the time you need to grieve.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Odinsmommy , (((squeeze hugs))) teary eyed here for your devastating sudden loss of your handsome bestie Odin. I wish the biggest squeeze hug could bring a sliver of comfort. My heartfelt condolences. Hold those precious of moments in the heartfelt photos shared closest to heart. we are here for you. Remember the love, soo much love. Lighting a candle for your Beloved Odin. may my Yoda girl I lost suddenly too meet Odin and run free sharing stories of all the love known in this world. In my babies honor I adopted. I truly believe they send us the one to love like they knew in this world.

Replied the glorious cat For I will whisper into their hearts That I am always with them I just am....forever and ever and ever."-poem for cats.

Attachments

• rainbow candle bridge lit.jpg
    rainbow candle bridge lit.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210502_115122.jpg
    20210502_115122.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 13

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am so so sorry you are going through this and that this has happened to your boy after being so careful it’s heartbreaking news. Terrible. So sorry.

gojira14

Lairian
Our precious little boy, our little buddy is shockingly gone.

He went in on Wednesday for a teeth cleaning. Last week he had blood work to make sure he could handle the anesthesia and while it came back positive, it appears his heart couldn’t take it. He died shortly after waking up. The vet said they must have missed something.

We are so incredibly heartbroken to think of him alone, awake, and in pain in his last moments. We were both able to hold him but he was so cold. It happened so fast and out of nowhere.

It doesn’t seem fair or real. Anyone close to us can tell you that there is no way to describe the bond we have with Odin. He was a one of a kind animal and our “little buddy”.

We had four and a half beautiful years with him after rehoming him but it feels that our time has been shortened with him. We wanted to watch him grow old and grumpy.

He was my husbands best friend, and he helped us both so much when life got hard. We sure wish he could be here to cuddle with us through this pain.

We feel as if there is so much we will never know about his years before us and why this happened. What we could have done.

my husband wants another naked baby to love and I can’t help but agree that our love needs a place to go now.

I have attached some of my favorite photos hereView attachment 104368View attachment 104369

I’m so sad to read this and I’m very sorry for your loss. I feel your pain when a loved member of the family is gone. These beautiful cats come into our lives and god forbid when they leave us, it leaves a hole in your heart. I hope you and your spouse can heal and open your hearts to another beautiful creature some day..God Bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back