Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

A visit to the bank

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This morning I took Bayleigh to the vet for a check up (everything looks good btw). On the way home, I went through the drive up lane at the bank. I was in the first lane so the teller could see Bayleigh trying to stick her nose out of the carrier. The teller kinda leans down to get a better look through the glass and coos, "Oh, I see you brought your ca..., do..., ...friend. You brought your little friend along." :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Okay, maybe you had to be there, but it cracked me up. I know as soon as I drove away she told all her co-workers about the "friend". Was it a cat? A dog? An alien? :LOL:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:lol:

We had that at the drive through Chemist. The assistant said "Awww she has a cat in that carrier" so I turned it round and she said "oh its not a cat, its a... its a... ohhhhh its a hairless cat" and got all excited :LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
This morning I took Bayleigh to the vet for a check up (everything looks good btw). On the way home, I went through the drive up lane at the bank. I was in the first lane so the teller could see Bayleigh trying to stick her nose out of the carrier. The teller kinda leans down to get a better look through the glass and coos, "Oh, I see you brought your ca..., do..., ...friend. You brought your little friend along." :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Okay, maybe you had to be there, but it cracked me up. I know as soon as I drove away she told all her co-workers about the "friend". Was it a cat? A dog? An alien? :LOL:

:LOL::LOL:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Some youngsters called Butterball a dog at Petsmart. I insisted he was a cat. They insisted he was a dog. Even the kids mom couldn't persuade them.

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Do any of you carry your cat around with you? I have a customer at blockbuster who she carries her regular cat in her hoodie in the pocket or in the hood itself

gizmo6370

Banned
Lol :LOL:

I had the mailman the other day at the door....he said.....well you've got quite a zoo thing going....what are those ? Dogs ? He asked me that while there were sitting on their scratingpole :Dizzy: Have you ever seen a dog...climb a scratingpole ? :LOL: :Hysterical:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

i love it when people are so niave (in a nice way!) and also to polite to say that they're not sure what "it" is!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Do any of you carry your cat around with you? I have a customer at blockbuster who she carries her regular cat in her hoodie in the pocket or in the hood itself

I take Snuffie everywhere I possibly can. She likes car rides and enjoys being outdoors. If we run to get fast food we take her with us and all the drive thru people have loved her so far. They always feel bad because they have doggy treats but no kitty treats! lol I usually carry them aroud in a tiny bottle in my pocket anyhow so its no biggie. But yes, if I know I can get away with taking into a place then I do, the worst thing they will do is kick me out which is fine, it will save me money anyhow! lol:LOL: I haven't been caught and kicked out yet!

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
i think people have gotten used to people bringing small dogs in that i guess a cat wouldnt be bad at all ! lol where do you go that they have dog treats?

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I'm in Ohio, They usually offer treats for dogs at banks drive thru's as well as fast food drive thru's. Sometimes at what we call "convienient store drive thru's". Ohio is the only place I know that has those, we don't have them in NC but they offer dog treats as well as will give your kids those big pretzel rods. The banks in NC usually give out dog treats as well.

GioThermal

Lairian
I took Gio to the local pet store a couple weeks ago and some guy came up to us and said "I thought those things were FAKE!". He said he had watched Austin Powers and thought that cat was made up for that movie... I said "Yeah, midgets are fake too". LMAO!!

Kids always seem to think they are hairless Chihuahua's. I guess I can see where they are coming from because of the ears. I'll cut the kids some slack... but that guy in the pet store... NO WAY! :LOL:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is too funny! :LOL: The weather's just starting to get nicer here finally so I hope to take Sophie out more! I got her in Oct when the weather started getting cool.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lol, funny stories everyone!

I like when we pull up to a stop light and you know the person/people in the car next to you is staring at the hairless kitty that is "flashing them". It makes me laugh everytime, so I can't look over at them to acknowledge them. :LOL:

Back