Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ah!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I took Stella in last week for her echocardiogram. . . and now mommy has to get one too! What were the odds?!?! The only difference is that I'm not freaking out about mine like I was for hers! :p

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well thank you, you two! I'm not worried about it. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and she referred me to the University to have an echo (much like Stella's echo at the University! Only she went to the University VET TEACHING hospital). I have a heart murmur and because I've been experiencing dizziness and occasional chest pains, she thought it would be wise to send me. I found out about the murmur a year and a half ago. I know lots of people have murmurs and for most it's not a problem.

Last edited:

Brooke

Banned
Well, please keep us posted. We care just as much about your heart as we do about Stella's! Fingers crossed!! I have a friend with a benign heart murmur and he has no problems at all. He even joined the Army and they found him fit enough to fight in Iraq!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well, please keep us posted. We care just as much about your heart as we do about Stella's! Fingers crossed!! I have a friend with a benign heart murmur and he has no problems at all. He even joined the Army and they found him fit enough to fight in Iraq!

That is really cool for your friend! My mom told me recently that my brother has a murmur, too. Three different doctors have heard mine, but only this doctor found it to be of concern. Probably because of the other symptoms. The first doctor was an ER doctor I saw the second night I went to the ER for my brown recluse bite. He said it could have been related to nerves?

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have a huge spider phobia. It's scary that their are not only big spiders here, but poisonous ones too.
The first time I saw a tarantula crossing the road in Texas, I was :Surprise: :Dizzy: :Cry:

Yeah I'm not big on spiders, either. . . My bite was probably the worse pain I've experienced. :Dizzy: I missed my opportunity to see the actual spider, because it bit me while I was sleeping! Didn't know anything was wrong until I broke out with an all-over rash that made my whole body look sunburn. It bit me on the crease of my leg/upper thigh (make sense?), but the toxin came down to my thigh. It was a long and gross process. I'm scarred for life (literally! lol). :Sad:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Yeah I'm not big on spiders, either. . . My bite was probably the worse pain I've experienced. :Dizzy: I missed my opportunity to see the actual spider, because it bit me while I was sleeping! Didn't know anything was wrong until I broke out with an all-over rash that made my whole body look sunburn. It bit me on the crease of my leg/upper thigh (make sense?), but the toxin came down to my thigh. It was a long and gross process. I'm scarred for life (literally! lol). :Sad:

Wow - that is super scary. I share your phobia. A friend of mine's mom had a brown recluse bit her finger and for some reason they had to sew it into her belly button for 6 months. Not sure why or any of the logistics other than it was to help regrow skin but oh my gosh - it totally freaked me out as they are so common in Ohio. YIKES!! Glad your ok and on the mend!!!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow - that is super scary. I share your phobia. A friend of mine's mom had a brown recluse bit her finger and for some reason they had to sew it into her belly button for 6 months. Not sure why or any of the logistics other than it was to help regrow skin but oh my gosh - it totally freaked me out as they are so common in Ohio. YIKES!! Glad your ok and on the mend!!!

Wow I've never heard of that!!! That had to be so uncomfortable. Makes me shiver, lol. The doctor's told me the best way for it to heal (at least in my case) was to let it heal on its own. They gave me pain killers that didn't even work. I had to use Teflon with Vaseline to cover it, and then some Co-Band to wrap around my leg to keep the Teflon on. Eventually I went to a Farmer's Store to buy Vet Tape because it was cheaper than regular Co-Band and came in fun colors! :BigSmile:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I, too, hope yours goes as well as Stella's. That's so strange that you need yours right after she had hers. I hope it wasn't from you worrying about her too much.

Yikes! I hate spiders too. I'm so afraid of them. That is horrible that you were in so much pain.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I, too, hope yours goes as well as Stella's. That's so strange that you need yours right after she had hers. I hope it wasn't from you worrying about her too much.

Yikes! I hate spiders too. I'm so afraid of them. That is horrible that you were in so much pain.

Thanks! It's hard telling what has caused all that. No doubt the thought of something happening to Stella can get to me!

By the way, I didn't mean to get off the subject with the whole spider business. lol

Back