Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Akasha's first nap with me!

KushielsTart

Lairian
We've had Akasha for 6 months now, and for the first time ever today she took a real nap with me in bed. She didn't even leave when Loki crawled in with us! I can't tell you guys what a victory this is. It was over two months before she'd even get on the bed. And up until a month ago, she wouldn't get on the bed unless it was in her special bed that sits on the bed. :) We think maybe she wasn't allowed on the bed in her old house.
http://www.sphynxlair.com/gallery/index.php?n=89

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Way to go, KushielsTart. You finally got Akasha to work through her apprehensions and trust you and her feline companions. There's no stopping her now. :ThumbsUp:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's great, she's making some progress. Give her another week and you won't be able to get her off the bed. :)

KushielsTart

Lairian
That's great, she's making some progress. Give her another week and you won't be able to get her off the bed. :)

That's what I'm hoping. :) I have Fibromyalgia, so I spend a lot of time on the couch and/or bed. Its nice having kitties to cuddle with. Husbands are nice, but they take up a lot of room, and they are heavy. :Wink:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
That's what I'm hoping. :) I have Fibromyalgia, so I spend a lot of time on the couch and/or bed. Its nice having kitties to cuddle with. Husbands are nice, but they take up a lot of room, and they are heavy. :Wink:

Your posts are always upbeat and friendly. I had no idea you were dealing with something as chronic and unpleasant as Fibromyalgia. Sending you love and support and the hopes that you get lots of Sphynx lovin' and comfort.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow! I'm sorry to hear your suffering with something so debilitating but glad you now have two kitties to snuggle with!!

X

KushielsTart

Lairian
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it. My kitties really do help a lot. I swear watching their antics somedays is like going to see a movie. Between them making me laugh, and the time they spend cuddling when I don't feel well, they are so comforting. There's a reason pets make for such good therapy!

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
aww congrats :) Sorry to hear about your fibro. Neurological things run in my family. my2 half sisters have lupus and i have Spazmodic Dysphonia. And we ALL have insane allergies.

I blame it on being a redhead LOL

KushielsTart

Lairian
removed my own post--not as funny when I'm not sleep-deprived

I thought it was funny. :) Plus, husbands are heavy. Because of the Fibro, my limbs can't stand to feel trapped. If he drapes across me in any way when I'm trying to sleep I get a restless legs type feeling in the affected area. Kitties are so much easier to adjust. :)

Back