Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Appetite

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hello everyone , here in Sunny England we are only really used to Rain !
This year we have had a glorious summer so far , but my Cleo is suffering from the heat in as much as she as lost her appetite , Bagins on the other hand is eating the lions share as per normal
I have plenty of cold water in their water fountain Leave plenty of dry food ( Cleo loved the crunch of her dry food ) Bagins just loves food
I have two fans on one on either side of the room , I have bought them cushion beds and they go into their igloo’s at night time
I really cannot think of anything else to do ..
Cleo is eating she isn’t losing weight as I can see but she just isn’t nudging my hand as I put their meals out and eats little
I do worry a little too much ( as do we all )
Any help would be gratefully accepted
Thanks in advance guys
Xxxx❤️❤️❤️❤️

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
When it is summer it my four do eat less. It is something I have noticed after having sphynx for 15 plus years. They don't have to use as much fuel to keep warm.
I would just keep an eye on her.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thank you so much for you reply’s I appreciate your input
They are both spread out on the cat tree and the grey thing I also purchased one of the beds you put onto the window , but not put it up just yet ...
I think we eat less when it’s hot as well so it’s logical that Cleo and Bagins would
What worried me was the importance of food for their body heat etc I am changing their water fountain twice a day so they have cold drinking water
I am a new sphynx mummy with Cleo being 15 month and Bagins being 7 month , even though I have always had Persian kitties in the past .. but they are worlds apart in every way lol

Mr Bagins as become even more vocal lol he makes a really really cute sound before he goes potty , I swear to you sometimes it sounds like he says mum
Cleo chirps when she wants attention lol
Thank you again ladies
Xxx❤️❤️❤️❤️

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm glad you asked this question! I've noticed my little piggy has started eating much less in the last week also. I would've been worried had I not read your thread :)

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm glad you asked this question! I've noticed my little piggy has started eating much less in the last week also. I would've been worried had I not read your thread :)
Hi there , I do ask some silly questions from time to time ah ha
I think when it’s our naked babies we do tend to over worry , then a lair member will give you a really logical reply and I stop scratching my head and think DUH !!! Anita ah ha
But this is really the very best place to get the correct answers to your worries / fears
I swear ( not literally ah ha ) our members probably know more about the sphynx than most vets ... had I not been told when my two were being fixed the vet would have used ketamine on them , and my vet had no idea why it isn’t good for them .. on their micro chip incase of emergency it’s stated no ketamine to be used ( it’s in the allergy section on the micro chip registration page )
My Bagins is a little guzzle guts he never chews I’m sure he just swollows his food ah ha
But as always my Cleo is a little gentle lady
Xxx❤️❤️❤️
I do digress I’m sorry ah xx

Back