Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

As promised, pics of my new baby girl!

SealySphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So here are some pics as requested :Laugh: Her eyes look a little funny because I had to use the flash in our bathroom or else everything looks really really yellow and dark and so her eyes turned bright red. I used the red eye tool in Photoshop and made them not as scary, but they don't look exactly right either. IMO it's much better this way than demon red though. Also, don't mind the chewed up bathroom rug, the dogs got to it and I haven't bothered getting a new one yet.

Ok so on with the pics:

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Last night she fell in love with Sealy's red fuzzy catnip mouse, probably because it makes this rattling noise when you shake it. She was being so cute playing with it but I didn't have my phone with me. This morning I went in and sat with her and was going to try to get it on video, but instead I learned something. My baby girl fetches!!!! I got a few videos, none of them are awesome because our bathroom is small and also because I'm not very good at watching the camera to see where it is recording and playing fetch with her at the same time. So here's a quick video of her fetching!

I will post more as I get them. She doesn't have a name yet, any suggestions? I spent awhile going through name ideas and none of them seem right.

Also, what color is she? The paper from her vet check before she left says she's a blue and white tortoise. I think she almost looks purple/lavender/lilac or whatever it's called rather than blue? When I asked the breeder before, she told me she wasn't sure what color she is so that's not helping me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graddydani

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
what a cute precious little thing she is. AND CLEVER! I love how she plays fetch.
I don't know why but she looks like a Sandy to me. What other name ideas have you got in mind? She is so cute!
Not sure what type she is. Sure someone who knows for sure will let you now soon

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Awwwweee bless she is cute!!! My breeder told me a little while ago you can teach them to play fetch.. I think that is so awesome.. (why I don't know.. small things amuse me lol) as for name that can be hard... well how about Lilac because of her colouring? Watch her for a day or two a name may come to you from her personality :)

kristininn

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So tiny and cute (and smart!) :BigSmile:
One of my top girl's name I had picked out in case Winston got a sister was Sosie (pronounced sew-see).
Sounds good with Sealy :)

2BaldBeauties

Lairian
What a cute little girl! Beauty and brains! Congrats! Not sure about the color but as far as names go maybe Lily? Sophie? Sugar?

NakedNorasMom

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She is so adorable!!!! I have no idea what color she is, just pretty! Sarah came to mind when I looked at her, Sosie is way cute, and when I think of Sealy I think of the show Bones and Temperance Brennan. Lol So as you can see I'm not much help! My inlays used to have a cat that played fetch and we had so much fun!!! I hope I can teach my girl that! Keep on enjoying that new baby!!!

Nefertari

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She is so adorable!!!! I have no idea what color she is, just pretty! Sarah came to mind when I looked at her, Sosie is way cute, and when I think of Sealy I think of the show Bones and Temperance Brennan. Lol So as you can see I'm not much help! My inlays used to have a cat that played fetch and we had so much fun!!! I hope I can teach my girl that! Keep on enjoying that new baby!!!

haha me too!
Sealy booth , I love that show and cant wait for the new season in the fall!

Your new baby is soooo cute! :Adore: That black smudge on her face is adorable!

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
She is absolutely adorable! I like the darker names and for a girl I would pick something like Lilith - but that is not for everyone :Wink2:

Alimoore

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She is so so cute!!!! I wish I could come over there and give her hugs and kisses! And we need more pics :LOL: I dont know what color she is, but i really like the black marking by her eye.

SealySphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks everyone! I was thinking Sophie/Sophia or marbles (because her color looks sort of marbled in her baby pictures) before she came. I still like Sophie, it means wisdom which is fitting, but I was hoping to think of a name that has something to do with how playful she is. I think her motto is live hard play harder, lol! So far nothing seems perfect.

I already got her a harness (when I got Sealy his) and will be taking her to explore in the backyard for a photo op. hopefully I can get a more true pic of her coloring and her pretty blue eyes.

I feel so bad for her locked in the bathroom, it's taking all I've got not to let her out and meet everyone. When I'm not in there she meows and I feel so bad. She probably misses her mom and family and now she's in there by herself with not much to do :-(

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
She is so cute. I love the mark on her face. Her tail looks like its a mile long, I love it.

Do you want an S name or not concerned?

SpartisMommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She's adorable! The black under the eye makes me think of a football player and since u said she plays hard id have to go with a sports style name haha. Although I can't think of any now if I do ill let you know ;)

muddpuddles01

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She is beautiful!!!! I couldn't find anything in Egyptian, but I found some Arabic translations:

Mareeha: which means fun loving and playful, however we use it as a description and is rarely used as a name.
Hirik can used as a person that is active and playful.

Back