Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Athena having babies!!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Heres a video of Athena having a baby, its towards the end and it was the boy, Benjamin Buttons!! :ThumbsUp::Laugh:

Last edited:

Brooke

Banned
AMAZING!! :ThumbsUp: I love the little baby kitten squeaking sounds they were making. And Athena was so calm and quiet!

Going to looove watching them grow up over the next couple of months! :Kiss:

Thanks for sharing!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
that was the most amazing and disgusting thing ever. God bless Athena for not only giving birth to four babies, but to nurse them as she does it!! Boy and us human woman thought we had it tough, then again I haven't had any kids so I can't really say how it feels :Laugh: I can not wait to see them grow up. Do they have homes already?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
:Cry:I am very sad to report that one of the babies lighting bolt has died. Yesterday she looked to be A bit slow but was eating so I kept A eye on her and today am she was not very active. about 12:00 she had her mouth open and seemed to be gasping for air I tried to get air into her and tried bottle feeding but she could not pull thru:Sad: It seems that Athena knew she was not well because when I took her out I had the baby on my lap and Athena came over and looked and went back to the other babies and pulled them to her and the poor little thing took its last breath on my lap. Sorry little one!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's too bad. Cali, Fuzz and Harold are keeping an eye on her in kitty heaven so everything is going to be A-OK.

Moonstone

Lairian
So sorry for the little girl !
Sometimes, it happens.
we can not do anything to avoid...

long life to the 3 other little angels !

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks too all of you, I think at first I was blaming myself but after speaking to our vet (poor guy I think I drive him nuts:Surprise:) he said that it is common to loose one and not to worry she probably didn't fully develop in some way:Cry: still sad! I buried her in the back next to our dog Mickey and know all the other angles that where lost will be with her now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Good bye lil lightning bolt, though your time was short we loved you for a life time! I hope the others take you under their paws!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Congrats on the kittens!!!!! :ThumbsUp:

Sorry to hear about the little one passing, that really sux!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The best thing to do is remember that she probably wasn't healthy; that always makes it a little easier for me... sometimes our hearts tend to run our minds even though we know things happen for reasons.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Well the other little one is not looking good either, the two tux kittens are the ones that are not doing well, the other two are wonderfull, will see if the little one makes it thru today.:Cry:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to say we lost another little angel this morning, the other two are looking good, I will keep my fingers crossed for them.

Brooke

Banned
Oh no, so sad. Is it common to lose some kittens? I'm so sorry. That makes me want to cry, too. Like ElGato said earlier, Grampa Harold, Mama Cali, Little Fuzz, and Baby Lightning Bolt are there to take care of her...

My friend's dog just had 11 puppies last week, and 3 of them died. I'm guessing this happens quite often?

Crossing our fingers and paws for the other 2!! Hang in there, babies.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
bye bye little one so sorry:Cry: The vet says it is common to loose some just due to under developing, I thing it was the lungs, the other 2 take 4 breaths to 1 breath of the ones we lost. This just sucks we do this because we love the breed and to have this happen is heartbreaking! To look at the other 2 makes me smile I was laying with them before when Athene was eating I have to keep guard for her or else she won't chew her food even though the door is closed, and the female crawled over to me and started sucking my neck so sweet! I cross my fingers they stay well :Sweat:

Moonstone

Lairian
So sad...
I Cross the finger for the 2 others
Are the 2 parents from A blood group ?

"The vet says it is common to loose some just due to under developing"

NO, It's not normal to loose 2 of 4 kittens...It's not a big litter, there should not have problem such as happening for big litters of 9 puppies or kittens.

They had enough place and enough food and enough vitamins where they were inside, so it can't be an under development reason.

You should ask your vet for a post mortem exam for the 2nd died kitten. It's better to know what happens. I know it's not easy, but there is a problem you have to discover, it could prevent you from loosing the others.
:Sweat::Cry:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Update, the male is a monster and so far doing well, he is 1 1/2 the size of the little female. We called the vet today and he said there is not much he could do, as long as they are eating it's a good thing, but if there is a sudden change he wants us to bring them in. She was feeding all day today, the vet said every day she makes it , she will become stronger and healthier. We will keep updating as days go by, we are really fighting for her. Good luck little angel! The male is doing much better. If this little girl dies he wants to see the body for diagnosis, but for now we will cross our fingers for them.:Sweat:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So sorry about the kittens dying.
My Coco had 5 kittens and 2 were dead.
It was so sad even though they were born dead and one was deformed.
My Russian Blue mix Sasha came from a litter of 6 but they all died except her and her brother.
I know how you feel losing the kittens.

Back