Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Be careful where you stick you head...

pooner

Banned
So this morning my husband let Pooner be naked, he ran into the bedroom and pulled the vent cover off the heat vent like he always does and then he got daring:
poonerheatvent.jpg
Hmm...wonder if I crawl in there if it would be a good idea :Question:

poonerheatvent2.jpg
It sure is nice and warm :Woo:

Then he actually put a front paw in and started to go for it, that's when mom ended his fun and warm dreams!

*would have got a pic but I was too busy keeping him from leaping into the heat duct. Little Naughty Sphynx. I'm just glad when we aren't home he wears his sweater and pretty much stays in his heated bed or blankies or I'd really be worried.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You might want to consider nailing or screwing down your vent covers. He may decide to go down one someday; that could be expensive (if he's lucky) or tragic. I figure he's probably hooking his claws in the decorative curly parts and yanking on it to pull it up.

pooner

Banned
How the heck did he get the cover off. Oh Pooner be careful!

He pulls them off with his paws. He can do the curly decorative vents and the regular none decorative ones. He's been doing it for along time now. I can't even remember when he started. The ones on the pergo floors are tighter and he has more trouble getting them off but the ones on the carpet he is pretty good at. You can usually hear him banging the vents around. We've talked about screwing them down if he continues to be so daring. This was the first time he ever got that daring, usually he just looks at it and sits there basking in the warm air.

Last edited:

Bella07

Banned
Oohhhh yes. So so so warm. Well, it wouldn't hurt if I just stick one of my paws down there too.....Well, maybe another....I can just picture his whole thought process with that. Such an adorably charming little boy you have there!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I would certainly screw the lose ones down!! Man, could you imagine the bill of having to re do your duct work because you have to save your cat!! lol
We had a lose vent in our house and we screwed it down because Snuffie kept trying to get in there. Silly kitties!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We were pulling up carpet and had removed the vent covers, our Ragdoll cat snuck into one and later that night we heard the meowing under the floor! We managed to coax him to an open vent and he came out. Silly cats!

tessblack

Banned
Oh Pooner, I am sure happy ours are all in the roof! Tux would get on top one of the cabinets and try and pull down the ac screen that covers the filter. Well had to put a stop to that.

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The vents upstairs are on the wall so Pooner does like Gabe but, downstairs they are in the floor.
I have a feeling if they have their next playdate at Pooner's house Gabe just might be getting a lesson at heater vent removal...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Oh great. Then Gabe will have yet another thing to yell at me about. The list, so far, goes something like this:

1. There's poo in the box.
2. Fred is on my blankie.
3. It's nap time, come to bed.
4. Nap time is over, feed me.
5. My water glass is empty.
6. You put sink water in my glass. I prefer filtered.
7. The bathroom door is closed.
8. You have a towel in your hand, which means I might be getting a bath.
9. The sun is not shining.
10. You're not sitting next to me.
11. Dad's at work, you're in your office and I'm ALL ALONE.
12. The fire went out.
13. (Coming soon) Why aren't our heater vents on the floor?

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

pooner

Banned
An update to my original thread quoted below:Laugh:
Pooner is now trying to figure out how to get the vents off the wall upstairs
wall vent.jpg
wall vent 2.jpg

Luckily they are screwed into the wall:LOL::LOL::LOL:

So this morning my husband let Pooner be naked, he ran into the bedroom and pulled the vent cover off the heat vent like he always does and then he got daring:
View attachment 2692
Hmm...wonder if I crawl in there if it would be a good idea :Question:

View attachment 2693
It sure is nice and warm :Woo:

Then he actually put a front paw in and started to go for it, that's when mom ended his fun and warm dreams!

*would have got a pic but I was too busy keeping him from leaping into the heat duct. Little Naughty Sphynx. I'm just glad when we aren't home he wears his sweater and pretty much stays in his heated bed or blankies or I'd really be worried.

mrwrinklesmama

Lairian
Too funny. Mr. Wrinkles does the same thing with the decorative vents that are on the floor here in a few spots. They are such stinkers.

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
hahah! your kitties are all very resourseful! Why dont you just move to florida. My roommate turned the AC on yesterday. I didnt need it but fat guys i guess need some air.

Back