Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Best shampoo for kitten?

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When we first brought our little guy home I was using Johnson's baby shampoo, but I switched to Hylyt as per lots of recommendations from fellow lairians! It's soap-free and hypoallergenic (y)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Amelia Cooper , Awh let the countdown begin! I know your heart is going litter patter!

@Anita Eccleston , and others may be able to share shampoo recommendations for your area

My all time fav is Hylyt - like mentioned soap free hypoallergenic and is easy to rinse

moodyxmoon

Lairian
I'd like to know a shower gel that lasts a while on them!
I've used the body shops almond milk one which did linger the following day, I've used LUSH It's Raining Men - which I've used for years but doesnt linger on my kitten, and I've used a Deep Sleep Shower jelly on her which wasn't effective for getting clean or scent !

Ideally we will all find a cruelty free product that keeps our little beasts clean!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a poll you might find of help What product do you bathe your sphynx with?

I use D’Grease

b09a8c8b5e123874d0d1b1ef78351ff9.jpg

Amelia Cooper

Lairian
Thanks everyone :)

I have had a look around for Hylyt and D'Grease but they're SO expensive as I guess they'd have to be imported (I live in the UK).

I was thinking of maybe Sanex 0% shower/bath wash as it's cruelty free, fragrance free and is great for senstive skin?

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm in a similar boat for shampoos, you can't get hylt or the degrease shampoo in Australia that I have found and I'm sure it is so expensive. Not ideal but what works fine is the Johnsons baby, it's what my breeder has used for years and has never had an issue with it.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I find Johnson’s baby shampoo is great and it does have a little lemon in to help to degrease ( well it smells lemonish lol )
And ASDA ( owned by Walmart ) do their own baby shampoo that is also quite good
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Izidora

Lairian
I use a regular/default/generic cat shampo and I had no problems.
Make sure you do not overbathe your sphynx. Most websites mention a weekly bath but it's really unnecessary and by doing so you can actually make things worse because their skin will want to develop it's own normal pH and greasiness when bathed too often.
I bathe mine once a month.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi there , my niece is a dog and cat groomer so Princess Cleo and Mr Bagins have their very own personal groomer the lovely Emma aka bam bam ( she was the image of bam bam from the flint stones as a baby really cute as a button but please shushhhh she will kill me ah )
There I go digressing again
My two little one get a really good bath once every three week and have gone as long as six weeks a few time if Emma’s been away or something , we normally used Johnson’s baby shampoo , but this time I have bought a degreaser from amazon to try , Mr Bagins does tend to look a little rusty when he needs his bath but Cleo doesn’t tend to look dirty ( ever the princess )
I’ve actually found that Cleo constantly cleans Bagins ears so his ears don’t tent to get as much in need of cleaning , but poor Cleo does get a lot of wax in her little ears.
Hope I’ve helped a tiny bit
Xxxx❤️❤️❤️

Kitty Chaos

Lairian
My sphynx has very sensitive skin and as per the advice of the breeder I wash her in feminine hygiene wash and it works great and can be bought a lot cheaper than the special washes

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My sphynx has very sensitive skin and as per the advice of the breeder I wash her in feminine hygiene wash and it works great and can be bought a lot cheaper than the special washes
Hi there gee I’ve never even thought of that ! I use Johnson’s baby shampoo as that was what my breeder told me to use
My two have two soap ups and two rinses , I have however just purchased a degreasing shampoo from Amazon it’s Teatree and suitable for both cats and dogs and it’s consentrate , they have both had a bath in it ( Mr Billbo Bagins loves a bath princess Cleo however hates it )
And smelled so nice
I think I will buy some femme fresh and see how my two fair thank you so much for the idea :):):):):)
Hugs from us xxx❤️❤️❤️

Xena

Lairian
We're finially getting our baby next week! I have a list of everything I'm going to buy today but completely forgot about shampoo. What do you use on your Sphynx?
Congratulations on your new baby!
My breeder recommended dove body wash or J&J baby shampoo. I personally use the baby shampoo and it works really well. It’s gentle on her skin but can still remove the excess oil

Back