Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bipolar Kitty

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
George is typically the sweetest kitty, but some days out of nowhere he starts biting and attacking me. It typically is when I am not playing attention to him and doing homework. He left bruises on my arms from bites and has whacked me across the face with his paw. My boyfriend told me that George has made me his b**ch since I do not punish him when he does those things. He only bites and hits me so this might be true. Any advice?

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ha ha! Mo used to attck me before I got the other cat for him to play with! He is probably just trying to have a rough and tumble but is hurting you in the process. Is he still a kitten? It may be something he grows out of!

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ha ha! Mo used to attck me before I got the other cat for him to play with! He is probably just trying to have a rough and tumble but is hurting you in the process. Is he still a kitten? It may be something he grows out of!

George is not yet 5 months, but I do think he might already be losing teeth.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
lol a Sphynx will do ANYTHING to get attention! Kreacher used to do this..but when he does bite too hard...i yell "OW!!!" really loud and it stops him in his tracks. If he keeps doing it I Remove him from the situation. Soon enough he'll learn that if he bites too hard he wont get playtime anymore. And playtime is a valuble thing for a Spkynx! Also if he is barely 5 months he' s still got some growing and learning to do :) Now is the best time

Brooke

Banned
George is typically the sweetest kitty, but some days out of nowhere he starts biting and attacking me. It typically is when I am not playing attention to him and doing homework. He left bruises on my arms from bites and has whacked me across the face with his paw. My boyfriend told me that George has made me his b**ch since I do not punish him when he does those things. He only bites and hits me so this might be true. Any advice?

:LOL::LOL: This reminds me of a story about my first boy, Harold. He never learned the concept of the snooze button on my alarm clock, and no matter how much I tried to ignore him in the mornings, whenever the alarm went off, that was his cue to get up and start harassing me. One morning I was particularly tired, really trying to ignore his efforts and -I kid you not - I opened my eyes just in time to see him standing on my chest, he made a fist with his little paw, pulled his elbow back and punched me square in the jaw!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL::LOL: This reminds me of a story about my first boy, Harold. He never learned the concept of the snooze button on my alarm clock, and no matter how much I tried to ignore him in the mornings, whenever the alarm went off, that was his cue to get up and start harassing me. One morning I was particularly tired, really trying to ignore his efforts and -I kid you not - I opened my eyes just in time to see him standing on my chest, he made a fist with his little paw, pulled his elbow back and punched me square in the jaw!

:LOL::LOL: That's hiliarious:Laugh:

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I just got a visual!!!! Lmfao

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL:Glad that was you Brooke cause with your gang or mine now it would look like a cage match at werstling night, don't know about you but when my big 14lb boy comes flying across the bed at me I think I will be losing that round..:LOL:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh my god! 14lb is a big boy! What are you feeding him on?! Mo is only tiny at 8lb on a good day but he's had quite a few problems as a kitten that have probably stunted his growth and he is a bit of a skinny minny! I hope the older he gets he might fill out a bit, he's still young at 1year 1month so there is time yet!

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh my god! 14lb is a big boy! What are you feeding him on?! Mo is only tiny at 8lb on a good day but he's had quite a few problems as a kitten that have probably stunted his growth and he is a bit of a skinny minny! I hope the older he gets he might fill out a bit, he's still young at 1year 1month so there is time yet!

lol Kreacher is 10 pounds and he is only 7 months old...he's gonna be a big boy!!!:ThumbsUp:

myspecialboy

Lairian

Chadwick thinks that the first time my alarm goes off, it's his duty to make sure I get up! He'll lick my face and meow in my eye. It gets old fast. This morning, I was trying to go to sleep and Chadwick (as usual) was not having it. I was laying there, scratching the ridge between my upper lip and nose and I see his pupils dialate like crazy. Next thing I know, he pounced on me and made me punch myself in the nose! He's lucky he looks like a bald Puss in Boots or I would have punched him in his nose back! You just cannot stay mad a that little turd!

I guess that was my punishment for always dressing him like a girl...

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL::LOL::LOL:Oba was 13.5lbs when I adopted him. he hasn't gained that much and he is 5 years old. he's my big man. but such a lover....:BigSmile: Harley is like 5 lbs and 7 months old and Sambo is 9 lbs and 5 months old. my girls are little though. they are about Harleys size. They eat the raw diet in the morning with dry all day long. I didn't really think he was that big till yall brought it up. I though he was just a fat loving, happy man. Not abnormal. The vet seemed to think he was ok. he didnt say I need to put him on a diet. Is that really that bad?:Sweat:

playswithfire

Lairian

Did George meow something about you having his money right before he paw slapped you? If I were you I'd watch carefully for any more of this kind of behavior. Have you noticed female cats in the neighborhood bringing him their treats. Has he developed a taste for purple suits and walking canes? If so, your cat may be...a pimp!
:LOL: just kidding. Your boyfriend is hilarious!:Hysterical:

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Did George meow something about you having his money right before he paw slapped you? If I were you I'd watch carefully for any more of this kind of behavior. Have you noticed female cats in the neighborhood bringing him their treats. Has he developed a taste for purple suits and walking canes? If so, your cat may be...a pimp!

LOL!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: George is quite the pimp!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL::LOL::LOL:Oba was 13.5lbs when I adopted him. he hasn't gained that much and he is 5 years old. he's my big man. but such a lover....:BigSmile: Harley is like 5 lbs and 7 months old and Sambo is 9 lbs and 5 months old. my girls are little though. they are about Harleys size. They eat the raw diet in the morning with dry all day long. I didn't really think he was that big till yall brought it up. I though he was just a fat loving, happy man. Not abnormal. The vet seemed to think he was ok. he didnt say I need to put him on a diet. Is that really that bad?:Sweat:

No I think Mo is underweight for his age coz of his health problems! Your cats are healthy and about right for sphynx's, I wish Mo could put some weight on! They look fine to me, they don't need to diet. X

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
By the way, what raw diet do you feed them? Is it a pre prepared one? I don't think you can buy it over here in the UK yet, Ive been looking. Moses has so much trouble with IBS, it's quite difficult some times.

myspecialboy

Lairian

That is hilarious!

Baby, I got yo money!

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
By the way, what raw diet do you feed them? Is it a pre prepared one? I don't think you can buy it over here in the UK yet, Ive been looking. Moses has so much trouble with IBS, it's quite difficult some times.

I use a mixture of Chicken, ham, turkey with the Lysine in it that I make my self once a week. I know there are alot of others and they are long and listed diffrent, but I figure that with the Dry food all day and this too they are getting plenty. I would use tuna, but Cleo is allergic...

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My breeder suggested feeding raw turkey mince which I tried mixed with their normally biscuits, it didn't seem to make a lot of difference. Maybe I need to try something different to turkey mince?

Back