Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Black Sphynx?

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey guys!
So I have decided Sphynx kitties are like chips. You cant have just one. LOL!! I need to know from my fellow lair friends what you call a black sphynx? Is it a black sphynx or a minx spyhnx? I just need to know so that when I start really looking for one I know what color to look for.
Thanks guys!
Laura

holly_savage

Banned
Mink and Black are different.

Black is, well black and Mink is a cat that is "pointed" (siamese like coloring) but the pointed coloring spreads out onto the body in a slightly lighter shade than the point color.

It can get confusing because the black cats sometimes get the furrier faces which makes them look darker, therefore giving the appearance of being pointed!

I hope I explained that right.

If you look at cat pictures, go look at a Tonkinese, they come in a Mink color.

Gizzymom

Banned
OK... photos>>>

Black:
black.jpg

Mink:
chocolate%20mink.jpg

eurynome_az

Lairian
They are both lovely! I think I'd prefer the mink because I adore the pale blue eyes, but the pastel nature of the black is definitely lovely. You got some good replies and examples of the different colors. Keep looking at pics and talk to breeders. I also love, love, love blue sphynx. It is a soft pastel blue/grey and my Frankie is a blue and white and he has stunning blue eyes.
I do have a friend who has two black juveniles and you can pm me about them. Either way you look at it, there is hardly a Sphynx that isn't beautiful! :Wink:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They are both lovely! I think I'd prefer the mink because I adore the pale blue eyes, but the pastel nature of the black is definitely lovely. You got some good replies and examples of the different colors. Keep looking at pics and talk to breeders. I also love, love, love blue sphynx. It is a soft pastel blue/grey and my Frankie is a blue and white and he has stunning blue eyes.
I do have a friend who has two black juveniles and you can pm me about them. Either way you look at it, there is hardly a Sphynx that isn't beautiful! :Wink:

So true they are all gorgeous! I love your avatar eurynome_az so adorable.

beeblebrox

Lairian
Hi EVERYONE!

So far I've heard:

He's waving down a cab.
Micheal Jackson dancing...
"I put my hands up in the air sometimes"...

Any more funnies about this lil black guy???

Attachments

• hey.jpg
    hey.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 44

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi EVERYONE!

So far I've heard:

He's waving down a cab.
Micheal Jackson dancing...
"I put my hands up in the air sometimes"...

Whoa-oa-oa!
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good, I got you

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi EVERYONE!

Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gal

Send me a kiss by wire
Baby, my hearts on fire

If you refuse me
Honey, you'll lose me
Then you'll be left alone

Oh baby, telephone
And tell me I'm your own

Back