Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Brown teeth in kitten???

jadeelora

Lairian
I am a TICA registered breeder and currently have a litter of 4 kittens. One of the babies (9weeks) has brown spots on her teeth. She is just getting onto dry food (still nursing as but has started weening). I have never seen this in a kitten, and the other breeders I spoke too also have never heard of this. They go to the vet tomorrow but was looking for any opinions? The teeth feel solid and strong. No bad breath or other signs of decay. I'm stumped :\

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I am a TICA registered breeder and currently have a litter of 4 kittens. One of the babies (9weeks) has brown spots on her teeth. She is just getting onto dry food (still nursing as but has started weening). I have never seen this in a kitten, and the other breeders I spoke too also have never heard of this. They go to the vet tomorrow but was looking for any opinions? The teeth feel solid and strong. No bad breath or other signs of decay. I'm stumped :\
Has the mother been on any antibiotics? This can also cause staining in the teeth through the mothers milk. Or as @Catzzzmeow has linked you to a useful thread, I'm sure its nothing.

JenFid

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I had the same question with Mulder! He must be getting his adult teeth in though, the stained teeth I had noticed before are now pearly white :) My vet was stumped too, but it must be a sphynx thing, even though not all of them have this particular problem.

Back