Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Butter Jones Rushed to Emerg. Vet Today

Thank you everyone for sending your support, love, prayers and advice our way! It is much needed and deeply appreciated.

Good news today - He ate much better and was actually up playing. He pounced on Gable and Amaryllis and was being more of his self. His breathing is better and although he is still coughing, he is not having the labored breathing as he was yesterday. He is still sleeping a lot but that is to be expected.

I was up quite a bit of the night last night with him. Brought the heating blanket in on my bed and kept him right next to me. I kept watching him, looking at his breathing, making sure everything was okay. Hubby was up quite a bit checking on him too.

Gable and Amaryllis have spent all last night and today with him. They groom him and sleep next to him. That is unusual for Gable as he usually is not one to sleep with the others, let alone groom them. They have both been looking after little Butters and it just warms my heart.

His breeder actually contacted me, as she saw my posts here and on FB and has been very supportive. She is concerned and feels bad but I don't want her to. At this point thee is nothing that indicates he came to me ill or is going to have chronic issues. Just like human children, these babies can get sick. He is a strong boy and I remain positive!

Butters was just being completely kitten naughty today. He is definitely feeling better.He has discovered his "jump" now. He was on EVERYTHING! On the kitchen counters, on the kitchen table, bathroom sink and batting everything around. He has been attacking Gable, Amaryllis, me...Just wanting to play and play!

He got into the naked ratties room and managed to stretch himself from the desk to the cage and put his paws on the cage. Well, ratties did not like that and promptly grabbed a toe, so he grabbed one by the head through the bars. Rat screaming, kitten screaming...We got them apart but Butters got a nice puncture that I thought was going to need stitches but I think it will be okay. It has already closed itself up after I cleaned it real well. Good thing is, he is already on antibiotics. I hope he learned his lesson about messing with the ratties!

ktate88

Banned
So glad Butter Jones is feeling better. How sweet of Gable and Amaryllis to help him on the mend. :Adore::Adore:
Well, ratties did not like that and promptly grabbed a toe, so he grabbed one by the head through the bars. Rat screaming, kitten screaming...We got them apart but Butters got a nice puncture that I thought was going to need stitches but I think it will be okay. It has already closed itself up after I cleaned it real well. Good thing is, he is already on antibiotics. !
:LOL::LOL: Oh what a kitten!!! Hopefully he did learn his lesson. Glad he is feeling better, hahaha. And yes, good thing for antibiotics!

Gizzymom

Banned
Butters was just being completely kitten naughty today. He is definitely feeling better.He has discovered his "jump" now. He was on EVERYTHING! On the kitchen counters, on the kitchen table, bathroom sink and batting everything around. He has been attacking Gable, Amaryllis, me...Just wanting to play and play!

He got into the naked ratties room and managed to stretch himself from the desk to the cage and put his paws on the cage. Well, ratties did not like that and promptly grabbed a toe, so he grabbed one by the head through the bars. Rat screaming, kitten screaming...We got them apart but Butters got a nice puncture that I thought was going to need stitches but I think it will be okay. It has already closed itself up after I cleaned it real well. Good thing is, he is already on antibiotics. I hope he learned his lesson about messing with the ratties!

I would have LOVED to have seen this!!! :LOL:

Bella07

Banned
Oh my goodness! I didn't see this post untill now, and my heart dropped as I was reading it. But, thank God he is okay and seems to be doing better. Extra kisses and cuddles to you Butters, and you are such a lucky boy to have your big brother and sister to help take care of you. I'm going to keep you in my thoughts and prayers until you are completely healthy and well!

Avasmommy

Lairian
This is kinda on the same topic. Last year my daughter has pneumonia, and they did xrays. I could hear the nurse on the phone with the Dr, freaking out about the size of my daughters heart!?! That got me scared ect ect. On the second xray it was fine. It was the way she was positioned when they took the picture. I hope all turns out well with your little guy. I've been there with my daughter.

susi794

Staff member
Naughty boy, Butters! You better leave those ratties alone, Little Man. Is the ratty ok? Is Butters' toe ok now? Well, he sounds like he's doing fine as far as the energy quotient, that is. LOL....
Keep getting better, Butters..and remember that ratties are bad juju!

Back