Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cat litter tracking round my house!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just lately it seems worse. I have been hoovering loads and the stuff gets everywhere! It gets in my bed, on my socks, on the carpets all over the house and just about everywhere else I've not mentioned! I'm happy with the cat litter I'm using at the moment and don't want to change it. I use worlds best and it has been really good. I've tried using a rubber cat litter matt but my bengal girl chews it. I've got a litter box with the cat flap on the front. Any ideas of what I can try? Maybe I need a new hoover! Or maybe I will just have to change the cat litter I'm using after all.

silly4lilly

Lairian
i have the same problem. itdrives me crazy!!! its everywhere. in the bed, on the couch on the carpet on the counters!!!

but i have the cat genie which has plastic litter (reusable), so i cant vaccume it up because its just a waste to throw it out! so i have to go around the house with a broom and make little piles of the litter and put it back in the litter box!!! i think because the litter is so little, it gets stuck in their paws when they go in. so when they jump out they flick it everywhere. it really drives me insane when the cycle is drying with hot air, my female milky jumps in the box and will fully lay down in the box because of the hot pellets. then she jumps out and the litter sticks to her whole body!!!!!!! ugh. very annoying.:Angry:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yep its very annoying, I have 2 sheep skin rugs and it sticks to them and there is no getting it out! I think people must think I don't hoover.

Brooke

Banned
Ah, nothing like dragging yourself to bed for a nice night of sleep only to scrape your legs into a bunch of cat litter! Yummy!

The only thing I've found that really cut down on the amount of litter tracked through the house was when I used the top-entry litter boxes - they really work!!

But, now that I've got the litter-robot, I'm back to sweeping litter every day. I'd say not having to scoop poop is an even trade, though...

myspecialboy

Lairian
Ah, nothing like dragging yourself to bed for a nice night of sleep only to scrape your legs into a bunch of cat litter! Yummy!

The only thing I've found that really cut down on the amount of litter tracked through the house was when I used the top-entry litter boxes - they really work!!

But, now that I've got the litter-robot, I'm back to sweeping litter every day. I'd say not having to scoop poop is an even trade, though...

So true. I have a LitterMaid and it's great, but Chadwick jumps out of the side. I need to buy a cover for it, at least!

Back