Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cat wheel arrived

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Today the cat wheel came from the UK. Really easy to piece together. The trio are curious about it. Ville already tried jumping on it, on top of it... he rolled off straight into the water bowl. Now we'll see how long it takes for them to get a hang of it. I so wish they will love it once they figure it out. I guess I'll check out some youtube videos on how to help them learn...
catwheel.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Zab, welcome to the Stargate club!
@Bailey21 can definitely share training tips !
my Toby is an addict! he runs all night long!
I tell him Toby Go Fast! he runs to his wheel and peeks around the side to see if I am watching him ...then goes faster!

I put it near a wall, put a feather and or my finger in front Toby and he started running right way ...

keep us updated!

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab, welcome to the Stargate club!
@Bailey21 can definitely share training tips !
my Toby is an addict! he runs all night long!
I tell him Toby Go Fast! he runs to his wheel and peeks around the side to see if I am watching him ...then goes faster!

I put it near a wall, put a feather and or my finger in front Toby and he started running right way ...

keep us updated!
Sounds like Toby was born into the stargate club! I can tell my trio will take some time to get used to it. They are a bit spooked by the sound, but still curious.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Are they more play or treat driven? I find with Finn my food lover, he will trot on the wheel very enthusiastically if I hold a treat just out of his reach to get it. It took about a year but he finally runs on his own now. I really didn’t train him more then 3 times. I think he got sick of watching Raven run 24/7 lol. Yoda was still a kitten and it took about a week with the same method. A laser pointer also works well. Even if they stood on the wheel I would squak and let them have a treat on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Are they more play or treat driven? I find with Finn my food lover, he will trot on the wheel very enthusiastically if I hold a treat just out of his reach to get it. It took about a year but he finally runs on his own now. I really didn’t train him more then 3 times. I think he got sick of watching Raven run 24/7 lol. Yoda was still a kitten and it took about a week with the same method. A laser pointer also works well. Even if they stood on the wheel I would squak and let them have a treat on it.

I guess it's different, Siiri is treat driven, Ville and Esso play driven. They've jumped through it while we played yesterday, sometimes on it. I'm gonna try the laser today. Every time I go past the wheel I give it a spinn so they get used to the sound of it.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Ville is a true dare devil. I'm sire he'll figure out soon enough how to properly use it;-).
Very curious to see if they learn to like it. I hope to buy one for my crew in a few months too

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ville is a true dare devil. I'm sire he'll figure out soon enough how to properly use it;-).
Very curious to see if they learn to like it. I hope to buy one for my crew in a few months too
Yes, my crew needs it. There's so much energy that needs fixing and Ville is one of those eaters. He eats everything and the tummy gets rounder and rounder.... I figured I'd buy one from the UK before brexit. Only one Swedish store online sells the cat wheel, but it's too expensive there.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab when I click the link it takes me to the Facebook market place ! I can’t see Ville

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I seen it on Instagram!! It made me laugh to see Esso just lurking in the background
I hope Esso is next in wheel! Maybe if he sees how Ville does it.... It took about a week of playing around the wheel, showing how it spins and lots of treats and praise. I was almost loosing patience and thought "they're never gonna try it" and then it happened. I'm so proud and happy. Maybe that belly will be replaced by muscle now...

Luna112

Lairian
Orion loves his cat wheel, I brought the cat wheel home prior to bringing him home in order to acclimate my great dane to seeing it. Orion loves running on it all night. I fed him his breakfast one raw nugget at a time while he was running on the wheel at 8 weeks old. He is now OBSESSED with it. He will run on it for 10 seconds and look at me while he does it to see if I will treat him for it. I still do if i have treats on hand(it's been almost a month), if I don't give him treats he kind of pouts and keeps running.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Update on cat wheel:

Yes, it's a success! Ville loves it, runs in it all the time. Maybe we need a night break on it...?! The question is, why doesn't Siiri and Esso run? Well, Ville has made the wheel his. Every time the others approach it he runs there and sits or lays in it, like "it's mine, don't even look at it!". I thought if I get one in the wheel the others will follow. I was so ready to show them a youtube clip on how it's done... Any tips anyone???

Back