Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Check this out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooke

Banned
URGH!! This is a backyard breeder's dream!! An intact pair of sphynx for $800. SHAMEFUL! :Angry: If these cats end up in the wrong hands...I don't even want to think about it.

JeriLeighR

Lairian
This is so sad! I am near there, but don't have the extra money at this time or I would take them in a heartbeat and get them altered and give them a loving home. Such a sad situation.

gizmo6370

Banned
I don't understand those people...she won't sell to breeders...why don't she have them spayed first then ?

J

Jinxlover

WoW... That's so sad. We all know what is in store for them..Why if she had to rehome them why would she not fix them first??? She has to know a back yard breeder is going to buy them..:Cry:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Someone on here should get them so we know they are in good hands!!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well I really hope that they do go to someone that will not breed them and get them fixed asap.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I could get my mom to take them, but the current owner wants the person to be only 2 hours away....my mom is in CT

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hey you never know till you try! I would have her try and see if she will do that....

PitRottMommy

Banned

These cats have been up for sale for over 9 months. This same post was up last May when I was searching for a new kitten (before adopting Buck and Buffy this past June). This person has been marking their price down very slowly.

I, like M2M, would like to know what irresponsible twit put two intact cats in the hands of some nimwit like this owner. SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR KITTENS BEFORE THEY LEAVE YOUR CATTERIES!

Brooke

Banned
These cats have been up for sale for over 9 months. This same post was up last May when I was searching for a new kitten (before adopting Buck and Buffy this past June). This person has been marking their price down very slowly.

I, like M2M, would like to know what irresponsible twit put two intact cats in the hands of some nimwit like this owner. SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR KITTENS BEFORE THEY LEAVE YOUR CATTERIES!

Agreed! More than likely, she bought them under a spay/neuter contract, since she's selling them with no papers - you don't get your papers until you prove to the breeder that the surgery has been performed.

Proof positive that spay/neuter contracts do not work.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

My sister has a unaltered sphynx and the breeder has never checked to see if she been altered.
It seems to me she does not care at all.
This sphynx will be 1 in may.
I told my sister she better hurry up and alter.
It was in the contract also and the cat was already shown by my sister.

holly_savage

Banned
Why would this person care how far away the purchaser is? really? I would drive there and get them myself, my main concern would be their health. I would like to have a breeder, but not one that has unknown health / parents...who knows what you are getting and the heartbreak that comes when / if the the negative health stuff happens...so sad, if we had the space for 2 more I would go get them this weekend.

AthenaAura

Lairian
This does seem awfully fishy doesn't it? Has anyone corresponded with this person? I am really tempted but I have to be honest and voice my suspicions regarding health, habits, etc....

AthenaAura

Lairian
quick question,
i sent out a hoobly response for a cat in my area that needs to be rehomed. if i get a response will it come to my email or too my hoobly account? there is nothing stating that i sent a response to listing so i wasn't sure. the last time i went through hoobly something came to my email but i can't remember if it was because the fella had his email in the listing.

thanks!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It will go to your hoobly but hoobly will send you a message letting you know you have a reply. Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back