Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

ClaireBare and Underlings.. let's see your adoptees/rescues

Yoda mom

Staff member
For those new here or considering adoption, I wanted to share I have all adoptees and each as cuddly as had as a baby cat. here is my ClaireBare and her "underlings" Tobylove and Batman. all seniors now. sharing ^Beloved Yoda^ too, adopted with littermate Brother Batman. adding Macie Mae adoptee , middle of the night adoptee/rescue and Raven (rescue who jumped out of a delivery truck at neighbors back in 2006 and owner refused to come get her)

I adopted ClaireBare when she was 2 yrs old as a retiree from a reputable breeder . She is 12 yrs old now and such a velcro momma's girl. She is so bonded as if I had her as as a baby cat. Everynight she gets in her spot. starts on my chest with purrs n head butts then settless to my right side for the night. everynight like clockwork. lol she rules that as "her" spot. I tell them "sleepy sleep time" command and they come running. I keep in touch with the breeder and we both laugh that ClaireBare has her " underlings" Batman and TobyLove who stay on the left of me everynight.

truly blessed with my crew
please share your cuddle pics
20240130_074357.jpeg
20231124_081532.jpeg
20231228_073536.jpeg

Attachments

• yoda black blanket.jpeg
    yoda black blanket.jpeg
    16.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love that they all cuddle up with you together at night Tammy! Raven is just like Claire in the sense she follows me everywhere and sleeps on my back every single night, but she has to have me all to herself. If Yoda comes along it’s usually trouble as neither want to share, lol!

Miss Raven was adopted completely unexpectedly when my breeder contacted me at 10pm saying her current owners were moving the next day and if nobody took her that same night they were leaving her outside to fend for herself in the morning (during Canadian winter!!!!) We drove there not knowing a thing about her (only that she was 1.5 yrs old) or what to expect, but she’s my velcro kitty and I’m forever grateful.
b03cbe7b5677f8c31f6f7f4262aaf00d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love the stories of the kitties being rescued but makes me sad that kitties need to be rescued. I love my Raphael so much, I couldn’t imagine abandoning her. She was not a rescue but bought from a breeder but still deserves to be added to all of these pictures!

This a recent “proof of life” picture my son sent me when hubby and I took a trip to the mountains. Whoever looks after my cat when I vacation is required to send me a POL every day lol!
IMG_2908.jpeg

babymeow

Lairian

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Jade, my little princess curly ears, is a retired breeding cat and I adopted her 8 years ago when she was 2 years old. When I saw her online in august 2016 I fell in love with her right away. But I forced myself to think it over if I really wanted a third sphynx. I made an agreement with myself I could get a third if I still wanted one with Christmas. Christmas came and I started to look online. And to my big surprise Jade was there! Turned out she was sold to a woman who seemed to be allergic to her so she was brought back to the breeder. She was just one day back online.
I was and still am over the moon of happiness.
I got my boys as kittens and have a strong bond with them. But somehow Jade, who was not a cuddler in the beginning, was my special girl, my heartcat right from the start.

Love the stories about the adoptees and rescues @Yoda mom
20230813193124.jpg
20230813193218.jpg

Last edited:

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Love this thread!

I was fortunate enough to adopt Dolly and Otis from a member here. They have adjusted so well it’s almost as if they were always here.
Otis runs the place with his chatter and demands a lap to snuggle on. Dolly is a little more aloof. She is content to lay in a blanket in her bedroom. But when she wants attention she demands it from you. Headbutts and all. They are truly a joy and have helped my heart with the passing of Agnes.
We also adopted a perro de presa canario Pablo. I have fostered many dogs for a local rescue and he was one I just couldn’t let go.

Attachments

• IMG_2252.jpeg
    IMG_2252.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2243.jpeg
    IMG_2243.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2237.jpeg
    IMG_2237.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2183.jpeg
    IMG_2183.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2173.jpeg
    IMG_2173.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2167.jpeg
    IMG_2167.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 15

Yoda mom

Staff member
@kauna , oh my heart.. they struck gold in your heart and home. Beloved Agnes certainly had her way of helping hearts align with precious Dolly and Otis. bless your heart for all your love and care fostering. Pablo certainly was the one. he iss sooo handsome. such a sweetie.
thank you for sharing your adorable family. hugs n head smooches to all paws:love:

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Otis was waiting for me to join him. He is the most demanding of the two when it comes to laps he always wants a lap to sit on. (But seriously this face how can you resist?)
IMG_2366.jpeg

A rare moment of snuggles together. They are usually separate Dolly in the bedroom and Otis in the living room.
IMG_2299.jpeg

Back