Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Coconut Oil

Inferno12

Banned
Well, we used it and it worked amazing! It even got his crusty butt clean :ThumbsUp:
He licked it like crazy but when I got him in the bath I had never seen that much dirt come off of him! He is sooooo soft now too. Thanks for the information on this guys :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just tried it for the first time too, and oh boy did the dirt come off! And Freya's butt was all purty pink with no scrubbing! Gummi ate it, and it did give her a little diarrhea, or it could have been something else she ate (she eats everything!) Mine smelled like almond joy candy bars.

Inferno12

Banned
I just tried it for the first time too, and oh boy did the dirt come off! And Freya's butt was all purty pink with no scrubbing! Gummi ate it, and it did give her a little diarrhea, or it could have been something else she ate (she eats everything!) Mine smelled like almond joy candy bars.

No fair! I want him to smell like that. I guess I got the kind that doesnt smell??

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Help me understand the coconut oil thing!

What the heck am I buying and how do I use it?

Do you rub them down, let it sit a while and then shampoo it off? I'm just not getting the gist.

PS I'd kill somebody for an Almond Joy now!!!!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am new to the coconut oil, but I'll try to tell you what I understand. It's pure virgin coconut oil, it comes in a jar and is a white solid, oily substance, (kinda looks like crisco, lol) when you scoop some out, it melts in your hand and is very oily. I rubbed Freya down with it in the tub about 5 mins before her bath. Some people do 15 mins, but Freya was not patient. Then I washed her as usual, and the dirt/grease/grime came right off. In fact while oiling her it was coming off! also rub some on the crusty butt and it loosened right up and washed off. After her bath there was no oily residue, just soft skin and sweet smelling. I hope that helps. oh and I found it at a health food store, but some walmarts carry it in the vitamin and/or cooking section. :Laugh:

Inferno12

Banned
I found it at the health food store in the beauty section with the shampoo and conditioners. Maybe this is my mine doesnt smell??? :Dizzy: It did look like crisco and I heated mine up and put some in another container so I didnt contaminate the original one. Once it cooled off I scooped it out and rubbed it all over him. His dirt started coming off while I was rubbing it in! He was not patient either so he only had it on himself for like 5 minutes. Then I just washed him like normal with his baby shampoo. It worked wonders his crusty but too :Woo::Woo: He feels so soft and amazing and I dont think I have ever seen him so clean.

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Thanks you two!

I'm so glad I asked because A) I would have been looking for a liquid oil and B) I thought you left the stuff on! :Hysterical:

Knock wood, we don't have the butt crusties. :LOL:

Back