Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cremation and a tattoo

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello all,

Today I brought Batwing to my vet to be cremated. It will be nice to have his ashes next to my other kitties. I also got this spyhnx tattoo to remember my babies who have passed.
imagejpeg_0.jpg

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Such a beautiful tattoo. Hugs to you and your family regarding Batwing. Big hugs.

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanked for the love everyone. I wanted a taking piece that represented the breed with out necessarily getting a portrait. I wanted to get a portrait of Smaug for a long time but I know I will have spyhnx for life. So I figured I'd do something to represent all of my babies.

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a beautiful memorial to your babies... I'm glad you are healing! BIG HUGS to you and yours!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Beautiful tattoo. :) And so sorry about Batwing.
Did you get a paw / nose print, by any chance?

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Beautiful tattoo. :) And so sorry about Batwing.
Did you get a paw / nose print, by any chance?

Yes I did. Actually, it was a huge heart ache for me. I brought his body to the emergency vet specifically to have a pawprint made. I helped make it and it was a beautiful momento. When I brought it home and started baking it, it burned. I was so heartbroken. I couldn't bring Batwing's body to be cremated until a few weeks later due to financial issues. I asked the vets office if they could try to get a print from him. I know it would be awkward because he was frozen. I really hope that they were able to get one. His ashes won't be back for about another week or so.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh no! That's terrible!
If you do get a print, there are places that make jewelry with them. I had a necklace made with Paul's hand prints, and it's beautiful.
IMG_20150212_171725.jpg

Back