Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Diesel

marilyn

Lairian
Hello let me take a moment to introduce the human side of my family. My name is Marilyn, I have a husband named Glen, and a daughter named Madison.

We have been in love with hariless shpynxs for awhile now. My mom brought home this little hairless ball of skin with big ears and we were like "what kind of animal is this." We fell in love with him instantly. My mom named him "Jay-Bird" because hes naked like a jaybird, lol!

A few month ago we started to really get serious about getting one for our family. One night me and my husband had a converstation about it. We went to sleep. While I was sleeping my husband got out of bed. I really didnt think much of it, since he normally gets up really early to go to work. I had forgot that this was one of his days off. I rolled over and fell back to sleep. The next thing I knew, I heard my daughter laughing softly. I thought that this was strange but I ignored it. I heard it again. I thought my husband had to go to work, but hearing my daughter laugh, perked up my interest. I snuck out of bed and crept as quielty as I could over to the staircase. At that point I heard my daughter say "Thats the one Daddy, lets get that one for Mommy!" My 5th year wedding anniversary is coming up in June and I thought that they were picking something out for me. I started down the stairs slowly, but I lost my balance. As I tried to regain my balance I grunted a little. (My staircase opens up to the living room so I couldnt hide). My daughter turned around, saw me on the stairs and said "Look mommy we got you a kitty!!" My husband tried to shut the screen off and shh Madision but it was too late. The cat was out of the bag at that point.

He told me to come over and see our wedding anniversary gift. He was this little ball of skin with large blue eyes. We all fell in love with him. The breeder we bought him from is letting him come home earlier than normal but we found out hes the runt and is the most independant kitty of the litter so she feels hes ready to go. We are getting him next week. I cant wait.

Thank you for hearing my story.

Heres some photos of him and I will post more as soon I have him in my hands.

Marilyn

Bella07

Banned
Oh my goodness, he is gorgeous! I love his markings and his little itty-bitty face. Welcome to the site, you'll love it here!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Marilyn, Glen and Madison! Congrats to you on your first sphynx:ThumbsUp:
And congrats to you Marilyn for having such a great shopper for a husband:Laugh:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Marilyn and welcome to Sphynxlair! Glad you found the site! Thats a cutie of a Sphynx! We are a small breeder and do not let our cats go home before 12 weeks, just be careful on how young they go. I know your anxious , but be safe rather then sorry. Cant wait to hear the coming home story and pictures! Enjoy your new baby Sphynx! :Laugh:

susi794

Staff member
All the Lair folks had to have known this question was coming....:Wink::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Your hubby sounds like a great guy--Does he have any older and fatter brothers, cousins or uncles? :Wink: :Woo::ThumbsUp: He's a keeper! And so is that adorable little kit you have coming, Welcome to the Lair--it's the friendliest place I know. Great info, great friends, great site.
Hugs from us to you,
Susi and the Gang

holly_savage

Banned
All the Lair folks had to have known this question was coming....:Wink::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Your hubby sounds like a great guy--Does he have any older and fatter brothers, cousins or uncles? g

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Oh Susi, I think we did know! LOL...never hurts to ask right?

Anyhow, Welcome to you and your family Marilyn. Good luck with the new addition...and congrats on the 5 year wedding anniversary!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Your hubby sounds like a great guy--Does he have any older and fatter brothers, cousins or uncles? :Wink: :Woo::ThumbsUp: He's a keeper! And so is that adorable little kit you have coming, Welcome to the Lair--it's the friendliest place I know. Great info, great friends, great site.
Hugs from us to you,
Susi and the Gang

Ha Ha...Susi, I would have been so disappointed if you hadn't asked:LOL::LOL:

Inferno12

Banned
Congrats and welcome. I cant wait to see pictures of when you finally get your baby home

Susi......When I read this post the first thing I thought of was you asking that question....You crack me up :LOL::LOL::Hysterical::LOL::LOL:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome Marilyn and congratulations on such a beautiful baby!! You'll love it here! Any questions you have, someone will always have the anser you need!

Susi - It just wouldn't be the same if you didn't ask :LOL:

X

Back