Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Dita's trip to Petsmart

savannah mommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
763
Points
138
Decided to take Dita to Petsmart last night. I have wanted to take Savannah but, she hates the car :Sad:

She told us where she wanted to go.

Picked out her favorite cat tree.

Had use the fish as bait to get her to leave the tree LOL

After a fun time inside she rolled around on the warm asphalt.

"It's time to go already?"
 

savannah mommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
763
Points
138
One of the male employees was pretty excited:BigSmile:He just couldn't help but pet her. He had to stop when he got called to the front.

A little girl kept telling her mom to look "look mommy, look at it!" and they kept moving her away. I really wanted to go up to her and let her see Dita but, I was getting nasty stairs from her mom & grandma. :Angry: She was really excited too.

I love how one group of people just have to touch and are enthralled and the others are so rude!
 

DoctorSpock

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Messages
1,291
Points
163
It's amazing how being ignorant, some people are just plain rude! It's too bad, they're missing out on wonderful little creatures! Their loss!
 

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
7,513
Points
363
You better look out or she'll turn into a real shopaholic :LOL: Great pics, I really liked the one where she's spread out over the asphalt. It just screams: rub my belly!
 

Gryffindor

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
644
Points
158
Haha...Great pics. Looks like she had a blast. I still don't have enough courage to bring any of mine out because I imagine the time being misery...like being a dog walker with 15 dogs going in 15 different directions, hahaha. Whenever I did take Gryff out in the front yard, he'd climb up my body and perch on my shoulder, lol. I guess the outside intimidates him as much as ppl would be with seeing him!
 

Jenn.Dios

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Joined
Apr 9, 2011
Messages
352
Points
123
Great photos! I love seeing photos of them out and about! Looks like she had a great time
 

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Feb 2, 2009
Messages
4,986
Points
271
Wow it sure lookes like she loved this!:ThumbsUp: She is getting along so well in your home:ThumbsUp: I am so happy. Makes me wonder why anyone would ever give her up.
 

snowbead

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
404
Points
0
It looks like she had a really good time. I never stops to amaze me that people can be so rude. I guess I was taught "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all" Oh well, their loss.
 

susi794

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
13,556
Points
673
Like Dita, I enjoy a little "retail therapy" myself--Dita looks very happy. Thank you for giving her a second chance and a forever family.
 

savannah mommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
763
Points
138
Wow it sure lookes like she loved this!:ThumbsUp: She is getting along so well in your home:ThumbsUp: I am so happy. Makes me wonder why anyone would ever give her up.

I was told both Sphynx were dominant in her other home which in turn created fights; resulting in vet visits and surgery. Both Kitties were separated at all times :Sad: Not a good way to spend your golden years.

Savannah is such an easy going little girl I just knew she wouldn't start anything. I was however concerned Dita might be agressive.

No fights, no attacks:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::BigSmile: They have actually been touching noses :BigSmile: and Savannah thinks Dita's tail is a blast to play with:LOL:
 

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
4,679
Points
583
Glad you guys had a good time there! She looks like she enjoyed the fish, and the cat trees! Did you buy her a cat tree, or just let her put it on the "wish list"?

Jen
 

savannah mommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
763
Points
138
Glad you guys had a good time there! She looks like she enjoyed the fish, and the cat trees! Did you buy her a cat tree, or just let her put it on the "wish list"?

Jen

Wish list for now. Their prices are pretty high. I am going to order one online for less than half Petsmart is asking. Pretty sure I can get it put together :Wink:
 

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
37,745
Points
673
I am sure you had just as much fun as she did. It is always so much fun to see everyone's reactions!
 

gothicmist

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Joined
Dec 5, 2010
Messages
2,404
Points
343
i get the odd looks everytime i take my hairless dog to petmart or petco and people ALWAYS ask me if he is sick. :Dizzy:
 

bthomas

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Joined
Jun 10, 2011
Messages
1,042
Points
163
Keep an eye out at petsmart twice a year they have the cat trees on sale for 50% off. That is when I got ours!:Wink:

When do these two times a year come around? Haha. I was recently shopping over there, and their cat trees are so ridiculously overpriced! I found a guy that lives down the road who is building one for my lil man, for half of hat petco charges AND it is twice the size and fun!
 

Amanda Ibbotson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
834
Points
168
Wish list for now. Their prices are pretty high. I am going to order one online for less than half Petsmart is asking. Pretty sure I can get it put together :Wink:

:LOL: instructions on cat tree's arn't always the best my guys had it half built before realizing you can't build from the bottom up you had to go from the top down!:LOL:
 

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2011
Messages
4,679
Points
583
Wish list for now. Their prices are pretty high. I am going to order one online for less than half Petsmart is asking. Pretty sure I can get it put together :Wink:

Sometimes when I get a little overzealous, I don't always think things through..I brought Fluffy to Petsmart once and she did the same thing as Dita...picked out a cat tree. Of course, she picked out a BIG one. So the next night, I went and bought it. And then walked out to my car...lugging this cat tree...I forgot I drove a mini-cooper :Sweat::LOL::Woo: Needless to say, people were staring in the parking lot as I was putting down the sun roof, shoving this HUGE cat tree through the roof and driving home with the rest of it hanging out of the trunk...in the middle of winter...in upstate NY :LOL::Dizzy:

Good thing they like that cat tree!

Jen
 

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
1,659
Points
238
What a fun shopping adventure!! Glad you took pics!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top