Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Do you have insurance for your Sphynx?

Do you have insurance for your Sphynx?

• Yes all are covered

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • No...I do not believe mine will need it

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Some are covered but not all of my cats are covered because I found out later how helpful it can be.

• I am still deciding

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No...due to pre-existing conditions they will not be fully covered so opted not to get it

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No due to the cost

• Total voters

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Mine is not covered because I just wanted to get one done to get one done. There was no medical issue concerning a need to get one done. I just wanted a baseline so I can monitor if there is a change in his heart in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
I would call individual insurance companies while shopping for insurance and ask them that very question . Often you can read their contracts on,one or ask them to email a copy so you can read the small print - some require certain vaccinations annually too - which can impact those thst do not over vaccinate

I am very interested in hearing from members about their experiences if the scan was covered if referred by a vet

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I feel like this is a good central post to update with any new news in insurance. Just wanted to update everyone that Ellie’s insurance when she turns 11 is going up to $54 a month. That’s an $11 increase. It definitely does start to jump up in price when you have an aging cat. Though I still will be keeping it for the rest of her life (unless it gets ridiculous). I have a fear in the back of my mind of her getting cancer or needing a surgery and not being able to afford treatment.

Also, for the record, our annual deductible is $100 with an 80% coverage after that. Of course, preventative (including dental work) is not covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sphynxmommy1

Lairian
My baby boy Edward is covered by 2 different insurances. Crazy......yeah I know but hear me out. So I got healthy paws literally 2 days after my husband brought him home. He was 3 1/2 months so we got him covered 80% with a $250 deductible for $19 a month. Healthy paws covered accidents and Illnesses. Honestly I wanted some sort of coverage for wellness exams and vaccines and just simple things. I found Wagmo. I bought wagmo for $14.99 a month for their basic plan, there was NO waiting period, no pre-existing stuff, nothing. It was just a straight up insurance that was straight forward so I bought it for $14.99 a month, basic package and it covers $100 in wellness exams, $100 in blood tests or fecal tests or a mix of those, and $100 a year in vaccines. So I get $300 in coverage per year for $179 a year. I bought it on a Monday and took edward to the vet on a Tuesday he had his wellness exam and vaccines back in September and I submitted the entire bill that day when I got home from the vet. Literally 2 days later I had the entire bill paid and refunded back to my bank account. I will use the $100 for bloodwork also since a probnp test here is $99. Wagmo will cover it 100%. So this is why I have 2 insurances.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Wanted to add in a fact about Healthy Paws. They do not have a maximum on what they will pay out per year. Most insurances do.

That Wagmo sound pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I responded that all of mine are covered, but that is not 100% true. I had intentions of getting it for Vito but he was diagnosed with HCM before I got him signed up. Since then every cat of mine has had insurance including the senior girl I adopted. Her deductible was $1000 to keep her premium low. Even with that high deductible it was worth it in the end. I spent a lot of money on her prior to saying good bye.

I would have been in rough shape had I not had insurance with Odin. He also had HCM and he was not as stable as Vito from the get go. The insurance allowed me to keep him comfortable and in my life as long as possible. Definitely worth it!