Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

EATING toilet paper?!?!!?

jwylde

Lairian
So here's the deal....ugh..lol
as you all know by having these monsters, lol is that they are nuts!! Well, Hugo tries to literally eat toilett paper! I have to keep bathroom door shut and toilet paper OUT OF THE WAY TOTALLY........ not only toilet paper it's napkins, paper towels, anything like that.... he goes after it I would think to play with it but no he will tear off squares and litterally chew and swallow it??? WEIRDO or do you guys deal with this too??? He acts like he's starving!!! :Sweat:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Maybe he has an addiction!! Mo plays with toilet paper but doesn't eat it! He does chew and eat feathers though! The ones on cats teasers, he pulls them off and eats them! They are silly!

jwylde

Lairian
lol- and thanks! lol:Cool:
He is spoiled and knows it-- I'm sure they all do...
never seen any animal actually try to EAT it but.... I would say it couldn't be too good for their digestive system!!! lol

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
YES! I have the very same problem with Bayleigh!! She will literally eat toilet paper and kleenex. I've had to start keeping all tissue boxes in cupboards or drawers and the toilet paper gets kept under the vanity in the cabinet. I've even considered babyproof locks because she's so determined!! I always have to remember to tell guests where the TP is (and then undoubtedly explain why) :LOL: I tried everything I could think of--water bottles, putting it on the roll in the other direction, bitter apple, etc but she wants her paper products!! I can only imagine what it would do in her tummy and I don't need that vet bill!!!

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome to the world of Sphynx!!!! Your first lesson! Sphyn'xs are P.I.G.S! lol I have actually caught mine chewing on a lightbulb!! And seems to have a affinity for broken pieces of glass! And yes I have gone through MANY MANY rolls of toilet paper ;)

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yup. We deal with it over here, too.

But I don't see her eating it. When it gets in her mouth, I see her spit it out. We have to hide everything and/or shut some doors. I wish you lots of luck when you clean up the paper mess your sphynx leaves behind! lol

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie jumps up and grabs the TP roll by both sides and shreads it! She only tends to play with it, I havent caught her eating it yet. And I've given her balled up tissue to bat around and thats all she does with it. Now toliet bowl water, she plays in all day if we don't keep the lid down. I think she would like her baths much better if I washed her in the toliet bowl. lol Her first night here she played in the toliet and came to bed sopping wet,,it was halarious!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope Sophie never figures out to play with the toilet paper roll. She definitely does like paper and cardboard but doesn't eat it. She chews on my mail, any cardboard box she can get at, paper bags, etc. She even chewed on my plastic work ID card. Someone noticed and said, oh did your dog do that? I had to say, no, my cat. :LOL:

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Snuffie jumps up and grabs the TP roll by both sides and shreads it! She only tends to play with it, I havent caught her eating it yet. And I've given her balled up tissue to bat around and thats all she does with it. Now toliet bowl water, she plays in all day if we don't keep the lid down. I think she would like her baths much better if I washed her in the toliet bowl. lol Her first night here she played in the toliet and came to bed sopping wet,,it was halarious!

Mr. Blackwell has always been facinated by the toilet. We can't leave lids up & my hubby has to be sure to close the door when he, uh, tinkles.

Mr. Blackwell is well known to our friends from the times he has jumped onto the toilet seat while John is....well you know! I will hear "Awww, Damn! Sara, the cat needs a bath!!!!!" and I know what has happened:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Diesel

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
OMG !! Diesel is a toilet paper and napkin eater too !! I have to keep them under lock and key.Maybe Diesel is trying to be polite and get a piece of toilet paper for Luna . After all, he is a Butt Sniffer.

IsisDot

Lairian
I have officially diagnosed my Isis with Pica. She will eat ANYTHING! Her favorite snack/plaything is q-tips. She carries them around like a dog with a bone and then eats the tips off. I can't keep anything on the tables or counters, even paper or she will eat it. Her recent favorite is a cardboard box that she plays in and eats pieces off of.

You'd think we starve her or something! :LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Out little Tito watches me when I fold laundry on the bed he loves to play with strings but he has just started chewing the plastic hangers :Surprise: it is so weird can't taste good and the thing is twice his size!

wundrlust

Lairian
Butt (aka Dale) will grab the roll and unroll the whole thing. What I did was put an over the door hook on the door and hang the toilet paper there. The Kleenex is on the tank but under the babywipe box which I keep filled so they can't pull out the kleenex.

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yep, sounds like Pica. It's weird, it can be funny, but it's also life-threatening so be careful! My big orange tabby, Gary, had to have very expensive (and dangerous) emergency surgery a few months ago because he ate:
Ribbon
String
Easter Grass (have NO idea where he got that!)

It had blocked his digestive tract. Extremely dangerous.

So, now I have to make sure anything string-like or made of crinkly plastic is locked away.

Back