Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Exercise wheels

PrinceTheSphynx

Lairian
I’ve seen a few Sphynx owners with exercise wheels. Do most Sphynx like them?
I’ve spent so much on standard cat toys and he doesn’t really play with them. He’s rather things he shouldn’t have haha like pens or anything he can knock off the side and okay with!
The wheels I’ve found online are really expensive so I don’t want to buy one and he not use it.
Any recommendations on wheels? (I’m in the UK) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We have a One Fast Cat for our boys and they love it. I know several other members from other countries have different wheels but I'm not sure if you can get them over here. If you search the forum for 'stargate' you will find previous posts on cat wheels.

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
B65CDAA0-D0DA-4725-BF25-F9A136DD9D24.jpeg
7CA51697-AF55-4485-A92F-2DCDF18740CC.jpeg
I am on my second wheel I got the standard black one with the four wheels at the bottom it was noisier than the one I have now and he ran through the wheels so quickly that with I. Six months the wheel kept falling over I now have a sturdy wooden one with eight wheels. It is a dream.

I trained him with treats and he took to it instantly. Now when ever he wants attention or a tit bit he runs like hell in there

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The wooden one is better and it came already assembled. The black one I had to assemble myself. So make sure if yours is DIY or ready to go

Free and Fierce

Lairian
I got my boy one for Christmas, cost about £180 so not cheap but I was desperate to divert his energy from house wrecking. I trained him for ten minutes with his favourite toy and he totally ignored it! About an hour later he just hopped on it and ran like the devil! He has used it ever since, I hear him during the night and he has the odd run in the day. I had to build mine which took a while especially with the additional help!

PrinceTheSphynx

Lairian
I got my boy one for Christmas, cost about £180 so not cheap but I was desperate to divert his energy from house wrecking. I trained him for ten minutes with his favourite toy and he totally ignored it! About an hour later he just hopped on it and ran like the devil! He has used it ever since, I hear him during the night and he has the odd run in the day. I had to build mine which took a while especially with the additional help!

Where did you get yours from please? x

Yoda mom

Staff member
@PrinceTheSphynx , I got the onefast cat wheel about 4 yrs years ago, 1 in 4 nakids loved it. no problems with it. only Toby is in the stargate club as we call it here. he took to it quickly, runs all hours on it spurts, meows, runs like crazy on it and slow strolls too meowing. I tell him Toby go fast and he runs to the wheel peeks at me and then runs.. I tell go fast and he goes faster meowing all the way.... The others could care less and just watch no matter what I tried to train them.

with toby I put my finger on the track pad in front of him and he started right away, praise and a treat... lol now he loves his 3 am runs waking me up.. it can be noisy the faster he runs. but that is what it is for and he loves it. hugs n head smooches.

PrinceTheSphynx

Lairian
@PrinceTheSphynx , I got the onefast cat wheel about 4 yrs years ago, 1 in 4 nakids loved it. no problems with it. only Toby is in the stargate club as we call it here. he took to it quickly, runs all hours on it spurts, meows, runs like crazy on it and slow strolls too meowing. I tell him Toby go fast and he runs to the wheel peeks at me and then runs.. I tell go fast and he goes faster meowing all the way.... The others could care less and just watch no matter what I tried to train them.

with toby I put my finger on the track pad in front of him and he started right away, praise and a treat... lol now he loves his 3 am runs waking me up.. it can be noisy the faster he runs. but that is what it is for and he loves it. hugs n head smooches.

That’s amazing. I’m defo going to treat him to one! I just hope he likes it! If not I’ll have to buy another Sphynx until I get one that likes it haha x

Yoda mom

Staff member
welll, that is one way to solve the problem if he doesnt take to it lol. keep us updated. I put it together and laid it on its side so he could sniff it , gave treats praise then stood it up. keep us updated Go Prince Go, go fast! future stargate member

gentlewinds

Lairian
View attachment 106534View attachment 106535I am on my second wheel I got the standard black one with the four wheels at the bottom it was noisier than the one I have now and he ran through the wheels so quickly that with I. Six months the wheel kept falling over I now have a sturdy wooden one with eight wheels. It is a dream.

I trained him with treats and he took to it instantly. Now when ever he wants attention or a tit bit he runs like hell in there
What brand is the wooden one?

Sheldon13

Staff member
What brand is the wooden one?

Hey there. I just happened across a YouTube video with the wooden one and I was able to see the logo. It said “Pote” on it so I did some research and it looks like it’s a wheel sold in South Korea. Natalie lives in China so that may be why she was able to get one. I was not able to find anyone selling it in the states and I’m not sure about other countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Denaihez , thank you for sharing your experience with the excercise wheel. very helpful to the community. I have 4 kitties and only one of them uses it. my others like yours rather play with other toys and lounge around. lol they watch Tobylove "go fast" and look at him like, hey have it, we will watch.

Back