Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Eye Ulcer

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I noticed Sunday evening that Raven was holding her eye shut, something she never does. I looked into it with a flashlight and couldn't find anything that would be bothering her. It was leaking a lot of clear fluid. Monday morning it had some crusties on it from leaking but now she was only squinting it. But she would rub it a lot with her paw, so I could tell it was still bothering her. After work Monday it seemed much better, mostly open but not perfect as before. When I woke up yesterday she still had discharge around her eye from overnight.

I took her to the vet yesterday after work, and we found she has a small ulcer! I was so glad I took her, as the vet told me they're extremely painful. They gave me two different antibiotics that I have to put in her eye twice a day for 7 days, as well as a drop for pain that I have to give her once a day for 3 days. We have a recheck Friday at 10:15. My poor baby girl! Hopefully the drops do the trick.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 kudos to you for getting her in to the vet vet ASAP
Eye ulcers can worsen
My boy had an ulcer too.
caught early enough to avoid an expensive surgery with no guarantees

He was on Oflaxcin , Antibiotics and idoxurine - all better now

Vet had me use vet idrops too for libricarimg comfort

Healing vibes amd he'd smooches sent to Raven

Following closely for updates

Do you have a pic of her eye?
I kept pics of my boy so we could each for improvement

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    12.8 KB · Views: 15

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh poor Raven! Good thing she has a watchful mom that got her to the vets asap. I hope her meds will fix it and help with the pain in the meantime. Let us know how she gets on!

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom I took a little video the second night when she was squinting it, compared to fully shutting it like Sunday. I’ll attach it!

@Toa and Ross thank you! I didn’t want to risk it being the eyes. I’ve heard too many eye horror stories.

@Cinafina I will most definitely! I wish I took her sooner poor baby, I just wasn’t sure if it was a fluff in there. I’m glad I went.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Also, shes gained over a pound since I've had her! She weighed 4.29 at her initial appointment when I first got her, and yesterday she weighed 4.8 kg! I'm not sure if that's good or bad o_O

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am so sorry to hear about Raven. But it sounds like she is in excellent hands! Of course she is. She will be right as rain soon. Nonetheless, sending you lots of healing and calming vibes for your whole household.

HUGS!

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom oh my goodness I’m sorry, I never saw your previous post asking how she was doing! I don’t know how I missed that! We had her recheck on the Friday, 3 days after beginning antibiotics. The vet confirmed that the ulcer had completely healed in the three days :) He told me he was impressed that I was a good mama! I must admit I was flattered. Her eye is completely back to normal now thankfully she’s currently purring and suckling on my neck
7683f6b27da67a0226528e74475b079b.jpg
5243fb77257f0dd571048ccb27de34c9.jpg

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Bailey21 Sooo pleased she's all healed up! Those eyes are looking as bright and gorgeous as ever :love: But goodness, I thought I was looking at a picture of Butchie there for a second, they are so similar in colour, face shape and I think weight also! HOw much does Raven weigh? Yesterday Butchie weighed in at 9 whole lbs :D

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Xandria oh Min!!! I just love her! A woman who knows what she wants, mama naked just like her!

@Cinafina they do look very similar I’ve noticed too! Very handsome hehe. Raven weighs 4.8kg! So if my math is correct about 10.5 pounds. She’s a very stocky girl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Bailey21 Hmm, in kilos Butchie weighs 4,5 so very close! According to the all-knowing Google 1 lb = 0.45 kg so I got it wrong :ROFLMAO: He's 10 lbs! I'm just going to stick with the metric system from now on! Oh, as well, you have the same colour cat tree so made me look twice even more haha

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Bailey21 OMGoodness I haven't been on the lair much over the holidays, so I'm very late to the party. I'm so glad to hear that Raven's eye healed so seamlessly! One of the kittens I was seriously considering ended up having a similar issue. I, regretfully, had to tell the breeder I didn't feel comfortable putting a reservation until I knew that she would be fully healed since I too have seen soooo many eye-related horror stories. The breeder is a very well-known, reputable one, and she assured me that the eye was being properly taken care of. I also learned recently that is has completely healed as well. Unfortunately, someone else ended up reserving the beautiful girlie in the meantime.... Better safe than sorry I suppose. Raven is STUNNING btw. :love:

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Monica I don't blame you for being wary of the eye issue. It really is scary stuff when it comes to the eyes! I was especially worried since I follow Oliver and Pandora on Instagram, and it was right after their little baby needed a second surgery!Made me extra paranoid haha. Sorry to hear that someone else reserved the girlie you had your eye on. I'm sure the right girl will find you sooner than later, and will so be worth the wait. Well, I sure hope so, so I can see all the kitten photos :love: :LOL: And thank you!! She's a real sweetheart.

Back