Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Feral Chronicles: TNR and Feeding Station

Sheldon13

Staff member
I caught Pilgrim! Finally! Been seeing this one around since December!
eb8c9abb9b4059fbbbdeb2b09f0702f3.jpg

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

CuryC

Lairian
Ok, I've just sat here and read this entire thread. I could not be more appreciative of you!
I have a couple cats in my neighborhood that run around, I wonder if I could catch them and make sure they are fixed. I know for sure my neighbor lets her cat stay outside all the time :(
Keep this thread going! Its amazing to see <3

Sheldon13

Staff member
Ok, I've just sat here and read this entire thread. I could not be more appreciative of you!
I have a couple cats in my neighborhood that run around, I wonder if I could catch them and make sure they are fixed. I know for sure my neighbor lets her cat stay outside all the time :(
Keep this thread going! Its amazing to see

Thank you! Yes often times you can borrow traps from animal control. If not there, find a nearby TNR and they will definitely loan to you. They will probably know a great place to take them for a discounted neuter, as well.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Just make sure you only trap the day/night before you plan to take them in. You don’t want them sitting in that trap for days on end. A great place to recover them if you don’t have a large cage is a garage.

CuryC

Lairian
Thank you! Yes often times you can borrow traps from animal control. If not there, find a nearby TNR and they will definitely loan to you. They will probably know a great place to take them for a discounted neuter, as well.
I will have to talk to my hub and see if he would help me. My schedule is so crazy that I would have to have some help...but this would for sure help the neighborhood

Sheldon13

Staff member
I will have to talk to my hub and see if he would help me. My schedule is so crazy that I would have to have some help...but this would for sure help the neighborhood

Sometimes the TNR organizations are willing to help with trapping and transport. They usually need help recovering the cats though because they just don’t gave enough space for as many cats as they work with.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It's funny....I live in a metropolitan area but we have grass and trees so we get all kinds of wildlife including possums, racoons, wild rabbits, snakes, rats, squirrels, all kinds of birds, iguanas, frogs, butterflies, etc. I think because the city has grown up around them they have been forced into small areas and basically live right alongside humans. I think everybody just lets them be.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Sheldon13 I don't hate them because they are part of the "balance of nature." For example they eat roaches and I really hate roaches. But they are scary with those teeth plus they can carry disease (like rabies). I've never had a bad encounter though.

Sheldon13

Staff member
@Sheldon13 I don't hate them because they are part of the "balance of nature." For example they eat roaches and I really hate roaches. But they are scary with those teeth plus they can carry disease (like rabies). I've never had a bad encounter though.

They actually can’t carry rabies due to their lower body temperature. That’s a misnomer. Now raccoons on the other hand very often do.

Back