Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Finally Something Wonderful!

susi794

Staff member
My Mabel had two beautiful little babies today! One bi-color blue/cream Van and a blue tuxedo with a white ringed collar all the way around his neck. I haven't wanted to jinx anything, so I have been keeping contact at a minimum. I was starting to get that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach-they didn't seem to be feeding...so I didn't want to get attached just yet. But I went in there a minute ago and HURRAY!!!!!! They were each blissfully attached to a nipple and suckling. Finally a new reason to smile.
I have named them Noel and Eggnog. Now i just have to keep my fingers crossed that all goes well.
Merry Christmas from Mabel, Noel and Eggnog, Habibi, Mahmoody Blue, Othie Marie, Dulcinea, Pruney, Boo, Lulu, Bertha Rose, Beanie the beagle and me! :BigSmile:

susi794

Staff member
CONGRATS Susi!!!! I'm so happy for u I Told good will come! Now u have Christmas Eve babies! I can't wait to c pics! My fingers are crossed that the babies will stay healthy! Xoxoxo jess
Me too! Thanks, Jess.
Just checked them again and they are eating again--a very good sign. And Mabel is being a very good mommy. It's her first litter, so I can't tell you how relieved that makes me. I've got one more pregnant queen and that should be it for new babies for a while. Then I can exhale....

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on this new, hopefully healthy litter! Sounds like these little guys are going to make it! :ThumbsUp:

I have a question, though: what is a "van"? Is it a type of coloring?

susi794

Staff member
Congrats on this new, hopefully healthy litter! Sounds like these little guys are going to make it! :ThumbsUp:

I have a question, though: what is a "van"? Is it a type of coloring?

Yes, it's a type of coloring--VAN BI-COLOR: solid color and white, tabby and white, tortoiseshell and white, etc., with color confined to the extremities; head, tail, and legs. One or two small patches on body allowable.
Yes, these babies are doing extremely well....fat, squirmy and loud. Mabel's first litter. Dulcinea didn't do so well with her first litter--I will probably spay her. I'm thinking of neutering my Moody and giving everybody a rest while we wait for Boo to get to breeding age. I have to get a little money ahead first though--have had a lot of vet bills this month. Between that and Christmas, I'm pretty much tapped out for elective surgery at the moment.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes, it's a type of coloring--VAN BI-COLOR: solid color and white, tabby and white, tortoiseshell and white, etc., with color confined to the extremities; head, tail, and legs. One or two small patches on body allowable.
Yes, these babies are doing extremely well....fat, squirmy and loud. Mabel's first litter. Dulcinea didn't do so well with her first litter--I will probably spay her. I'm thinking of neutering my Moody and giving everybody a rest while we wait for Boo to get to breeding age. I have to get a little money ahead first though--have had a lot of vet bills this month. Between that and Christmas, I'm pretty much tapped out for elective surgery at the moment.

Thanks for the explaination, Susi. Sounds like a pretty cool color combination. :BigSmile: Glad to hear that the babies are doing well, too. After all the excitement this season, you and your crew deserve a rest from breeding for now. :Smile:

Back