Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Food....OMG...Food...LOL

AlexisLeann

Lairian
Ok question for all you owners...are your cats pigs, this kitten eats everything, she steals our food right off our plates and cries if we dont share. shes eating everything from cookies to muffins to pork to chicken to rice to potatoes OMG shes a pig. plus she has her little bit of canned food in the morning as a trea...t then has three dishes placed all over the house with her normal dry foods...is this thing gonna weight 30 lbs...lol

English Dave

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Neffy is a feline food disposal unit, she eats anything and everything. She had to have an unplanned bath the other day as she slammed her head in the food tin and got covered in gravy/jelly :LOL:

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
When my Moses was a baby he was just as bad. He would steal the bread off of the counter, food off of the plates, ate vegetables like broccoli and even sauerkraut! He has grown out of it some but still has some favorite foods like Honey Smacks cereal, lunch meat, and heaven forbid you leave the butter out!

Jen

fpsparta3

Lairian
lol that's too funny. Fig is interested in human food - she will smell what I'm eating multiple times but never licks or eats it. I don't have any meat in the house (vegetarian), but when I open a can of wet food she will climb up my legs to get some... We call her Figgy Piggy and Figlet, because it seems like she is hungry all the time, and can eat and eat and eat. They say that you should let a kitten eat as much as they want until they are about 1 year old.

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm so happy we have a closed kitchen because Lucifer will start licking dirty dishes if he gets the chance. We never share any of our food with him except for banana; he goes absolutely crazy over banana so he gets one small piece of every banana we eat (plus he'll be licking the peel as you're trying to eat it :LOL:). His other human food obsession is Red Bull; he is always trying to sneak some licks from the can, weird cat!

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yep...I think this is a kitty thing--or a sphynx thing for that matter. Lilo is a little piggy too and I'm surprised she's not a fat-cat! I don't free feed and when it's her meal time she's in the kitchen waiting for it--if I'm too late she'll let me know. She is also a thief and will steal the food off your plate if you leave it "un-manned". She goes cuckoo for lettuce of all things!

Funny the other day, I tried to feed her a piece of rotisserie chicken and she looked at me like I had lost my mind--but she is nuts about her raw chicken medallions, lol. Figures.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
How come you only give a little canned food as a treat? It is good for their kidneys....and its a myth that it is bad for their teeth.....If you are feeding dry and canned, 1/2 small can is a good amount.

Nofuratu was the same way as a kitten. We had to teach him some manners because he would dive right into our plates! Now he will sit and wait for us to give him some....unless we leave food unsupervised...then its his.

Adventures of A Naked Cat

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sphynx cats have a higher metabolism so they need to eat more to maintain their higher body temperature, which I believe is 4 degrees higher than a regular cat. They all love to eat.... A LOT!:BigSmile: I have to share all of my meals with my Boone, & he's always in the kitchen trying to scarf something while I am preparing a meal. His latest love is cream cheese. He will eat quite a bit of whatever meat, chicken or pork is on my plate before going to his dry food & eating some of that.:Dizzy: I've heard average weight for a male Sphynx is about 10 lbs & 8 for a female.

Back