Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Gender advice please!

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Joined
Aug 8, 2017
Messages
2,508
Points
568
I have only had a female Sphynx kitty. I am on the wait list for two Sphynx kitties with a breeder in the Province I live in. Originally I told her I wanted two females. I have contacted my breeder and said I would be ok with a male and a female. I just want two Sphynx to love.

Those of you who have had boys, how different are they from girls? What can I expect from a bonded pair? Any advice or stories would be appreciated.

The kitties should be ready in November/December. I’m so excited!

Thank you.
 

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
37,727
Points
673
There was a time I would have said males are more loving in my experience. Now I feel differently…our 2 girls are extremely loving. I think for me it is because I am retired and just give them SO much attention, whereas when I was working I was on the road a lot and didn’t interact as often. You know you can’t go wrong with either LOL. I am so excited for you.

For fun google “what color cats are more affectionate” it is not a science/genetic thing but it is also fun to see what others say. Also this can skew results as orange cats are mostly males and calicos and torties are almost always female etc.

Glad you are keeping yourself busy waiting for the word the queen is pregnant is exhausting then the wait to be born is worse and dreaded wait to Gotcha Day is the worst LOL. But it is so exciting. The overall hardest part for me is having to pick one over the other as I feel horrible not picking all LOL!!! @Annejo12
 

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Joined
Aug 8, 2017
Messages
2,508
Points
568

nudebea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Joined
Sep 14, 2014
Messages
1,811
Points
318
My boy Wilson was definitely much more of the extrovert than his half sister Kiwi, putting it mildly. However, like us they are all individuals and I know some girls can be just as "out there". Hope all goes well for the future
 

Toa and Ross

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jan 23, 2015
Messages
34,015
Points
643
Such an exciting time ahead of you! The kittens are already born by now I guess? Does the breeder already share info about the litters?
In my experience gender doesn't matter with being affectionate. All my sphynxs I got as kitten were like Velcro lol.
Toa and Ross were a bonded pair. If I had the chance I would go for a bonded pair again. I loved seeing how they played, fight and cuddled together. They were like two peas in a pod, always together. Some people say that a Sphynx bond less with you when they come with another Sphynx from that litter but I can't see how Toa or Ross had to bond even more with me than they did. Cause the bond I had/have with them is as strong and loving as I had with the other sphynxs that came as 'singles'.
So excited for you and hope you share as much as possible with us!
 

Yoda mom

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
30,580
Points
653
@Annejo12 , awh so excited for you and you get to see photos. I will check out her site. great to have exceptional communication answering your questions.

breeder can tell you their personalities as they grow :)

for me, my two girls were more prissy priss lol , cuddly loving but priss priss. The boys I found more go with the flow without prissy prissy.

Batman is very very lovin, a real momma's boy. he sleeps on my arm with his head on my heart and paw across my chest.. lol I wake up with a numb arm.. He is very talkative. my girls were only talkative when they didnt get their way, certain blankie spot to share , would whine and complain at the boys.
I personally found the boys very bonding as the girls more bonded to me than the others.

following closely for updates {= {=
 
Back
Top